Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mines in NS2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8YXP...ature=youtu.be

Explained in the video description but in summary: Mines are significantly nerfed in NS2, don't use them like you did in NS1. I don't really like this change at all and I hope they change it back to how it was in ns1, but for now we have to deal with it.

Re: Mines in NS2

I don't consider that nerfed, but like most of the design decisions there is a tendency to focus on player actions instead of static defenses/offense power. So spread out the mines, they still kill wounded Kharaa trying to attack or escape.

They are a bit expensive though.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

With that time delay it looks like a smart skulk could trigger them and leap away, taking no damage. Can anyone verify?

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
        With that time delay it looks like a smart skulk could trigger them and leap away, taking no damage. Can anyone verify?
        Yeah, but a skulk can also parasite the mine until it explodes if it has the time available. Mines are a deterrent for the confusion of rushing, not a solid static defense.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
          Mines are a deterrent for the confusion of rushing, not a solid static defense.
          Well said snooggums.
          birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X