Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention all commanders!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Attention all commanders!

    Turn off 'Commander Help' in the options menu.

    This option puts little grey clickable build suggestions above stuff in the game. For me, this was causing tons of accidental clicks.

    Anyone else have tips to share?
    Steam Community: | |


  • #2
    Re: Attention all commanders!

    I don't have any tips but as someone who was too scared to comm in NS1, but interested in trying it out in NS2, I'd love to hear any and all tips. Things like build orders, general strategies. I try to pick up as much as I can as just infantry/skulk but I'm sure there's plenty I wouldn't know until I'm actually in the seat. Add to the fact that NS2 has changed quite a bit, I'd love to hear more.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Attention all commanders!

      Well, start with building a second infantry portal and then an armory. After that, go get some res nodes. By then, all your soldiers will be telling you what they personally think you should do. ;)

      3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Attention all commanders!

        I have a love-hate relationship with the floating build suggestions. I have definitely accidentally clicked the wrong one, which is devastating if it is the hive upgrade choice (though that HAS exposed me to some new tactics by necessity). However, in a dense hive area that is cloaked (making all the buildings silver outlines), it can be almost impossible to find your upgrade chambers to unlock the actual upgrades without the floating suggestions.
        "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Attention all commanders!

          As of build 228, you cannot map your commander keys. If you normally use 'V' for voice, this means a lot of accidental cancels on research for both and recycling buildings as marine. Hopefully they will add in the ability to remap commander keys in the future, until then it might be worth rebinding the voice key and getting used to it.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

          Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Attention all commanders!

            Originally posted by snooggums View Post
            As of build 228, you cannot map your commander keys. If you normally use 'V' for voice, this means a lot of accidental cancels on research for both and recycling buildings as marine. Hopefully they will add in the ability to remap commander keys in the future, until then it might be worth rebinding the voice key and getting used to it.
            I had this same exact issue. I tried out commanding the other night with the guidance of Avs and I must have hit recycle so many times. I got into the habit of press e to switch to player assist before using my mic. Definitely a lot of accidental clicks. I'd rather have an upgrade interface similar to spectator mode.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Attention all commanders!

              I'm having an issue where upgrades are started as soon as I click on a structure. Any idea why that might be happening? Is it because of this "Commander Help" option?
              birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Attention all commanders!

                Originally posted by ImAWuss View Post
                I'm having an issue where upgrades are started as soon as I click on a structure. Any idea why that might be happening? Is it because of this "Commander Help" option?
                Yes. I had this issue last night while helping Wyz test out the admin plugins (I was playing around in the chair). You, like me, clicked on the "I'M HELPING" icon which, for example, started Armor 1 on the armory. It did the same for (what I assume was) phase tech on the obs.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Attention all commanders!

                  Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                  Yes. I had this issue last night while helping Wyz test out the admin plugins (I was playing around in the chair). You, like me, clicked on the "I'M HELPING" icon which, for example, started Armor 1 on the armory. It did the same for (what I assume was) phase tech on the obs.
                  Thanks. I'll go ahead and shut this off. I like the feature for nodes and such, but having it auto upgrade things is annoying.
                  birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

                  Comment

                  Connect

                  Collapse

                  TeamSpeak 3 Server

                  Collapse

                  Advertisement

                  Collapse

                  Twitter Feed

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X