AFK Kicker added; reserved slots soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFK Kicker added; reserved slots soon

I've added DAK to the server, which remains in the server browser and is not blacklisted or filtered.

If I've done what I intended, only AFK Kicker and MOTD are enabled.

I'll enable reserved slots once I've automated the data file creation process (this will take some days and will be driven by SM data).

Presently, I'm hoping to use stock offerings for admin operations and use mods only as polyfill.

Please PM me if the server becomes repeatably unstable, so that I may disable this mod.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: AFK Kicker added; reserved slots soon

Wyzcrak - My Hero.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I look forward to the old schoolyard pick-em games.

Comment

Thank you Wyz for your work on the TGNS community. It's appreciated as always!
        birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

I'd like to say I assisted with this one. And by "assisted," I mean I hung around the TG Teamspeak server and annoyed Wyz with stories of failed humor and also helped him dig up admin tool information he had already found hours ago. I also made sure to take the time to make as many digs as I could against programmers in general because that's just how I roll.

On a semi-related note: I now actually know who voogru is. It's astonishing that I played a game for a solid 5 years and know absolutely nothing about the community outside of TG. But honestly, who is really surprised to hear me say that?

The real question is why is no one else helping Wyz be annoyed while he spends his limited gaming time not gaming?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
            The real question is why is no one else helping Wyz be annoyed while he spends his limited gaming time not gaming?
            Is the central gathering point the TG Teamspeak server? I'd be more than happy to hop on when I can to assist. I'm lost with LUA, but I can certainly help in other places. Drink refill anyone?! ;)
            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ImAWuss View Post
              Is the central gathering point the TG Teamspeak server? I'd be more than happy to hop on when I can to assist. I'm lost with LUA, but I can certainly help in other places. Drink refill anyone?! ;)
              No, not really. It was just the first option Wyz offered when I started bugging him via Steam IM about random stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the recognition and kind words. kormendi will be giving guidance soon on what Supporting Members need to do to consume reserved slots. Meanwhile, Apophis has been instrumental in automating for me the data feed that the game server needs to provide the service. So, and this is old news to those of you who've been around this block before, it's always a team effort!

I hope to have reserved slots working by Saturday night.

If you're available to test as a group tonight around 9PM Central, please send me a message on Steam between now and then, so that I can look you up later tonight when I'm testing.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                  Thanks for the recognition and kind words. kormendi will be giving guidance soon on what Supporting Members need to do to consume reserved slots.
                  Instructions posted: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...-steam-id.html

Until wyz says otherwise, the reserved slots are NOT active yet, but that shouldn't stop you from getting your IDs listed in your profile.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

Right. I'm already importing IDs from the forums into the game server... the logic simply isn't enabled yet. So, if you register your ID now, you'll be all set (assuming you're a Supporting Member) when we flip the switch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X