Doctor Watson Alien Comm, Kronus leading Onos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Doctor Watson Alien Comm, Kronus leading Onos

Hey all, I wanted to share with you one of those amazing matches that you have that, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe we pulled that off" moments in NS2.

Our team started with Doctor Watson, a player new to commanding. Shout outs to Kronus for helping him get up to speed and help co-command. Neither of these two individuals are TG members to my knowledge. Watson really was new to the whole alien upgrades so things like Carapace, Celerity, and Leap came way too late into the game. We were slow to expand while Watson wrapped his head around spawning cysts. Surprisingly no one got angry or annoyed. Everyone kept their cool and was happy to give Watson tips. We were on our backs the whole time, losing double, never getting it back, as well as sub-sector hive multiple times. The Marines were flushed with res and kept marching in armies of ARCs hitting hives. We almost lost Cargo a few times due to an army of ARCs being marched to our doorstep. Kronus saved up and went Onos, while I went Gorge to support him. Mind you we didn't have Adrenaline the whole game. We had just gotten Carapace at this point. Struggling to keep up with Kronus we took back Cargo, hit double, took it down, assaulted Skylight, made our way into their base, and pounded their base power node. We survived a beacon and mopped up their base winning the game.

It's moments like this that make me appreciate not only the TG community but the Natural Selection community as a whole. Most everyone had a mic, everyone was communicating. No one was being immature or upset. People were sharing tips, offering suggestions and the end result was an Alien Victory. So kudos to Doctor Watson for sticking through his first time alien commanding (probably commanding in general), it was a rough game and he wasn't afraid to ask questions. Kudos to Kronus for stepping up and helping lead the team as well as organizing the final push that won us the game. Apologizes for the marine side, I don't remember those of you that held us at bay for so long. I believe Wyzcrak was in that game for a little while.

Re: Doctor Watson Alien Comm, Kronus leading Onos

Sounds like a good game. I don't often see aliens make a come back if marines are given time to tech up. Nice work!
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

That onos/gorge teamwork through me as Marine Commander. There were multiple times when I thought we were going to walk through that Onos, but the gorge and skulks supporting him were too much, and our strategic advantage wasn't sufficient to survive our many tactical mistakes. Great game. Just superb.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well done aliens! :).

I was part of that marine team, but the game Sirus described is not the firs time that I have seen in NS2 for the past week where aliens can kill the main base with a life form or 2, by killing the power grid, and 99.9% win it right there.

Well done none the less.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X