Patch Notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Patch Notes

I'll bump this with new notes as they come out.

Build 230

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/new..._live_on_steam

Balance
    Evolving Onos eggs now requires three Hives instead of two. Onos eggs are a complex matter, and are a work in progress!
    Reduced Onos armor by 100 (-8%, effectiveness vs. Exos and heavy weapons impacted less because armor).
    Welder research time increased from 10 to 15.
    Exo armor changed from to 300/390/480/570 to 400/460/520/580.
    Welder rate reduced from 125/sec to 90/sec.
    Reduced shadow step cost from 15 to 10.
    Increased blink momentum to be close to build 220.
    Increase start blink energy cost from 8 to 12.
    Shift Hatch now creates 2 eggs, but costs 5 resources and has a 5 second cool down (was 1 tres per egg, no cooldown).
    Increased trait structure (Shell, Spur, Veil) mature health by ~20%. Also increased their base health to be closer to their previous mature health.
    Reduced spore research time from 90 to 60.
    Hive build time increased from 150 seconds to 180 seconds.
    Reduced Onos Gore range by 0.5 meters.
    Added cooldown to shift hatch ability.
    Lowered max healing on Crag.
    Added minimum healing from Hives.
    Changed combat timeout to 4 seconds.
    Reduced mega regeneration (max regeneration is now 10 per second instead of 120).
    Doubled ARC rate of fire (halved damage)

Fix
    Fixed bug where the server would leak memory under some circumstances.
    The ghost Power Node no longer takes damage, fixes a problem where the Power Node could not be rebuilt after being destroyed in some cases.
    Fixed rare bug where a Hive could become invulnerable if it was killed in the same frame as it finishes building.
    Fixed sound bug causing ambient sounds in the world to not play correctly.
    Fixed unbuilt shifts being able to generate eggs.
    Fixed Exo and Mine tooltips.
    Fixed regeneration effect showing up in combat.
    Fixed the "filter modded servers" option not always working correctly in the server browser.
    Fixed ARC targeting issues.
    Fixed already recycled units still taking damage.
    Added protection against speed hacking.

Improvement
    Added more loading screen tooltips.
    Added a display to the server browser to show the number of servers in the list.

Sdk
    Added the ability to specify "passes" for build rules in the Builder to setup simple dependency relationships.
    Added SoundEffectInstance:SetCoords() function.
    Thanks for the quick reboot last night, Wyz.

Onos nerf and Exo buff makes it tough to go 1v1 and come out on top as Onos, they feel a lot more squishy.

Re: Patch Notes

IMO these changes to onos and exo make sense. I feel like Marines reach exos later than the aliens reach onos in actual gameplay. Bot are dependent on teamwork, but onos are really more teamwork oriented. Usually a lot more of the team around an onos
    Skud

Comment

Another ninja patch: Build 231. Looking for changelog

edit: found something:

- Fixed bug where Crags were getting too much health.
      - Re-balanced Crags so they now self-heal, but only give 3% health every 2 seconds (min 10, max 40). (was 5%, min 10, max 50).
      - "In-combat" duration changed from 1.5 to 2.5 seconds (regeneration, cloaking)

also likely this was pushed forward to fix the broken explore mode.

edit edit: you're the best, Wyz
      Last edited by Boogalo; 11-20-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Server is patched to 231.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Patch is out. Build 232

Balance
          Changed combat time-out to 3 seconds (was 1.5) seconds (makes Regeneration and Cloaking less powerful and easy to use).
          Reduced Shade cloaking radius from 20 to 14.
          Re-balanced Crags so they now self-heal, but only give 3% health every 2 seconds (min 10, max 40). (was 5%, min 10, max 50).

Fix
          Fixed error when starting Explore mode.
          Fixed bug where Crags were getting too much health.
          Fixed crash when a render_setup file could not be parsed due to improper formatting.
          Fixed bug where text with multiple lines was not properly printed to the console.
          Fixed bug where the spinner on the loading screen did not display if texture quality was set to medium.

SDK
          Added a second parameter to the callback called from Shared.SendHTTPRequest in the case of an error, which specifies the error message.
          Changed models to use a default material if one wasn't specified in the imported file.
          more details: http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/new...alance_process

Comment

I've updated server from the road. Someone confirm it went well?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Build 233 Lots of Bugfixes
                Feature
                Added the name of the player being followed while waiting to spawn to the screen.
                Added server browser filter option for passworded servers.

Optimization
                Improved the performance of lighting calculations.
                Changed fullscreen passes to be rendered using a single triangle rather than a two triangle quad to eliminate overshading pixels along the diagonal.

Fix
                Fixed bug causing text in a message box on the main menu to overflow outside the box.
                Fixed bug in the sv_ban command when banning a player not currently on the server.
                Fixed bug causing the Fade to "teleport" to the ground while Blinking into walls and the ceiling.
                Leading and trailing whitespace characters are ignored in the server list filters.
                Filtered out duplicates when mounting mods.
                Eliminated duplicate log messages when mounting mods for consistency checking.
                Fixed bug where returning nil from GetAttachPointCoords would result in uninitialized data being used.
                Fixed issue where having non-ASCII characters in the Windows user name would cause the game to not save mods, settings or cache files properly.
                The Command Structure health will no longer be displayed for enemy structures when they spawn in a nearby room.
                Fixed crash after alt-tabbing.
                Removed the "Attack" button from the ARC as it is not needed and was causing some problems.
                Fixed crash during precaching when a cinematic couldn't be loaded.
                Signaled Steam to stop refreshing the server pings when connecting to a server to avoid cases where the routers NAT table overflowed.
                Fixed issue where LaunchPad didn't properly specify the -game command line parameter when running NS2.
                Crash when acquiring physics models from different threads.
                Fixed bug where collision detection would fail on bodies which had extreme off-axis scaling applied to them (affected Harvester flinch animation)
                Fixed bug allowing the Alien Commander to cancel research on a lifeform egg at the end of research, gaining back the resource cost but not canceling the research.
                Fixed bug where ARCs didn't fire at targets when they had an attack order. They still need some work for actually listening to attack orders though. #3921.

Improvement
                The "Update" button in the server browser now changes text when finished updating servers.
                Steam overlay based web views moved over to in-game web view.
                The load progress is now displayed as a percent instead of a count.
                other editor and SDK changes included at http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/new..._live_on_steam

Comment

now if we only had some players on the server..

Comment

Originally posted by jackel View Post
                    now if we only had some players on the server..
                    Updating now, should be there soon!
                    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Build 234 should hit this week and will be the last one until the holidays are over.

Comment

Any ideas on what is expected from the patch?
                        I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Comment

Build 234 is live

Highlights video, with a little bad pseudo-singing: http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/new..._live_on_steam

Feature

Improved Favorites functionality in the server browser. Favorites are now displayed at the top of the list by default and will refresh much faster.
                          Snowballs.

Optimization

New graphics option for particle quality - if you experience low frame rate during combat-heavy scenarios, keep this at LOW (the default).
                          Changed .polygons files for particle materials to only be loaded once.
                          Streamlined access of the material polygons for particle systems.

Change

Diabled IP and JP knockback until a better method of applying those has been implemented.
                          Moved the spectator follow camera closer to the followed player.

Improvement

Added time out to Stomp per Marine, to prevent animations going crazy and Onos being able to disable a Marine permanently when next to a shift.
                          Easier application of Fade vortex.

Editor

Added prop_dynamic_animator entity used to affect animation state on dynamic props based off messages received from other entities.
                          Increased the size of the handles on the resize gizmo to make it more clear they are handles.
                          Added the ability to select between global space and local space for the move and rotate tools.
                          Vertex Welding should be much faster now. Only triangulating affected faces.
                          Added Button Emitter entity to the Editor. This can be setup to emit messages into the world to start a sound effect for example.
                          Huge re-factoring of mesh datastructures - should eliminate a lot of bugs related to crashes/freezes with deleting, welding, etc.
                          Props with no model will now show up as red boxes.
                          Fixed undo bug with extrusion. Added selection stats on top right of viewport. Added preliminary "check mesh" tool to help trouble shoot levels.
                          Fixed low speed when camera accel is on.
                          Added shift/alt modifiers for camera speed (works both in accel/normal modes); Fixed subtle undo-bug with weld/merge-face.

Fix

Fixed bug causing the follow camera to not follow players anymore if an Infantry Portal or Egg was destroyed right before the spectating player was going to spawn.
                          Added Recycle icon for recycle kill messages.
                          Fixed bug where mods would sometimes appear with no name in the mod list.
                          Fixed "PhysX: Particle data read not allowed while simulation is running" bug when multi-core rendering was disabled.
                          Fixed bug preventing some structures from displaying the hurt effects (smoke, fire, etc)
                          Fixed bug where armor / weapon upgrade in Marine HUD is displayed red at the beginning of a round.
                          Units behind closed doors wont get revealed on the minimap anymore.
                          Fixed cysts not getting uncloaked by observatories.
                          Fixed umbra ability not affected by silence upgrade.
                          Shifts show now the correct echo radius for Alien Commander.
                          Fixed bone wall being visible to Marine Commander without LOS.
                          Fixed UI blood effect covering health / energy display at Alien HUD.
                          Fixed bug where Alien Commander did not properly unlock abilities for himself.
                          Fixed bug where clogs would not fall down anymore when they previously detached from another clog.
                          Whip Bombard will no longer damage their owner (Alien Commander)
                          Fixed bug where blink continued and was showing the trail effect when the Fade was already dead.
                          Fixed recycling ARC Robotics Factory giving back 0 res (uses now the amount of robotic factory + upgrade cost)
                          Fixed bug where structures were allowed to perform actions which would be allowed only under specific circumstances (like building ARCs at unupgraded robotics factories)
                          Fixed Client error caused by the Flamethrower shoot sound effect.
                          Fixed bug causing loss of resources while spamming build MAC commands at the Robotics Factory.
                          Fixed exploit allowing a cloaked Alien to run at full speed if they were holding down the jump button.
                          Special characters such as new line no longer allowed in player names.
                          Fixed Builder always starting up in verbose mode.
                          Crash when playing an invalid sound effect.
                          Changed fog to default to off.
                          Fixed bug where mods could not be installed if the operating system's temporary directory contained UNICODE characters.

Sdk

Added the ability to specify which object "zones" are rendered in a particular stage of the pipeline with the zones_mask parameter.
                          Added Shared.ReportStatistics function.
                          Added compatibility mechanism for handling changes to the SDK.
                          "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

I have just submitted the request to our game server provider to upgrade our server to build 234.

Comment

Hasn't gone though yet... heh.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse