Who are the NS2 Admins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the NS2 Admins?

We just finished a game of NS2, were the teams had been at 6-8 in favor of the aliens for over 10 minutes because no alien wanted to switch over to the marines side and when asked, they keep refusing. We went from holding 3 command station with exos to losing because we were constantly outmanned due to being down by 2 people.

I really wanted to go ping an Admin to deal with it, but I had no idea who I could message to ask for it to be dealt with, so the question is, do we have a list of Admins that we can contact to deal with things like this?
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Re: Who are the NS2 Admins?

I'm still getting the NS2 admins the tools they need to quickly, easily, and reliably bring remedies to player problems. All of the NS1 admins have administrative access to the NS2 server so far. Among those playing regularly:

Wyzcrak
    kormendi
    thane
    Yellow-Asterisk

I'm sorry you had a rough experience. I'll work soon to tighten up the "how do I find an admin" experience.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Not that I wish to detract from the original conversation, but I believe NS2 has an auto balance feature in the case of a team with 2 or more players. It holds one player from spawning in until another one dies, effectively keeping in an equal number of players in gameplay. Was this not working?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
        Not that I wish to detract from the original conversation, but I believe NS2 has an auto balance feature in the case of a team with 2 or more players. It holds one player from spawning in until another one dies, effectively keeping in an equal number of players in gameplay. Was this not working?
        Well in theory, it was working. At the point we were at, all the aliens were higher lifeforms( Fades and Onoses), that we were counting with Exo and JPs that could not kill one of the onoses as they all hit in groups of 2 or 3 each time and were pushed away rather then killed. Meaning that none of them were dying when they were attacking our bases. Just going in, getting shot at and running away so that they would not die. We were holding 3 command points at this time, like I said. But eventually they all rushed in as Onoses and we lacked the manpower to shot them down. It is possible that balance teams sizes might not have changed the outcome, but at the same time given that it took over 10 minutes for them to finally win and the teams were unbalanced the whole time, I am not so certain that would be true.

I can understand someone not wanting to switch if the game is down to the last point and they want to be on the team the worked with to the win, but when each side has half the map, it is still very much anyone game at that point.
        Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Well, I think that the game's autobalance is sufficient in this case.. It does prohibit spawning until the teams are more balanced, and I don't see how an admin's action could rectify the situation anyway.

Also, let's face it, nobody likes to be told they have to join a (potentially) losing team after they worked all round on the (potentially) winning team.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

There are some subtleties that the autobalance doesn't address. The primary one that I can think of, and the big one, is personal resource pools. In an 8v7 that falls to 8v6, you potentially have an extra 20 minutes of personal rez build on not one but two extra players. That's game-swinging Onii or Exos. If the non-spawning players still get rez income while they're waiting, it's extra-broken. Especially frustrating when the 6 player team is winning or holding an even keel, then gets decimated because not a single person, for 10 minutes, switches teams. Even the players in "last place" on the 8 side. I was in the game Eternaly describes. It was frustrating. I almost took a screenshot of names for shame's sake...

More than winning or losing, I felt the sportsmanship was lacking, and not up to TG standards.
            "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X