Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Server mod is out of date"

Server is giving that message now.

Also, do we want to show up as a modded server, as we have been over the past few days? Does this affect population?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: "Server mod is out of date"

Checking in to confirm that what Tempus is seeing is not specific to him; same story here.

Tempus, as far as showing modded, Wyz said the hope is to avoid that, but that he's experimenting to see if it actually affects playerbase. I'm guessing it probably won't. Purists will play on their clan scrim servers. Pubbies will embrace the mod community.
    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

*paging an admin*

Humble suggestion to appoint another person or two for admin for TG:NS2? Or have a good method for notifying all admins if there's something semi-urgent (strong on the "semi" since we are, in fact, dealing with a game)?
      "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Yeah, was wondering why the server was empty. Hoping to play a few rounds with you guys tonight as its my only night off

Comment

At the moment, Wyz and Apophis are the only ones with direct access to the server (update,restart,configure,etc), but there are a few of us who have access to kick/ban type stuff.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Anyone and everyone may (alone or all at once) PM me in these forums anytime it's urgent. I can't guarantee response time, but I can promise I'll do my best.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Server is fixed now. I'm not sure what is changing to cause that, but I'm determined to figure it out. It may happen a few times in the meantime.

Pending more elegant (and hopefully automated) solutions, please PM me when it's urgent like this.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks Wyz.

As to the showing up as Modded... I happen to think it is an issue, as our server is rarely populate outside of primetime, and even then, it takes awhile to get it seeded.

I also have to think that if we want to attract new players to our server, it will be harder to do so while showing as modded, as many players will not take a chance on joining a server that may have any variety of potentially silly mods running on it.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I have to agree with Tempus. I know i look over the yellow modded servers when i'm looking for a game because i'm not sure what mods they're running

Comment

I see three people in the server, but I can't join right now because I get the title error.
                    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Try now. I've changed the map after having that problem myself.

Comment

I share this concern. Our current server provider doesn't give me the freedom I need to have our admin mods w/o appearing modded. With Apophis and I being so busy these days, change comes slowly. I just didn't want to leave this comment ignored.

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                        our server is rarely populate outside of primetime, and even then, it takes awhile to get it seeded.

I also have to think that if we want to attract new players to our server, it will be harder to do so while showing as modded, as many players will not take a chance on joining a server that may have any variety of potentially silly mods running on it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X