Best Server Yet!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Server Yet!

I came from a server were people were kicking the comms for fun and recycling everything, TG has to be the best server I have come across. I never have had so much fun loosing, when we/I did. There were a log of great pushes and even some amazing turn around. People who always rage quit will never know to enjoy the game to it's fullest as they will never know a turn around. The coordination between both teams was remarkable, people actually listen to each other and the comm/khamm.

I will join it again and see if lighting strikes the same place twice.

GG

Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: Best Server Yet!

Originally posted by solarity View Post
    I came from a server were people were kicking the comms for fun and recycling everything, TG has to be the best server I have come across. I never have had so much fun loosing, when we/I did. There were a log of great pushes and even some amazing turn around. People who always rage quit will never know to enjoy the game to it's fullest as they will never know a turn around. The coordination between both teams was remarkable, people actually listen to each other and the comm/khamm.

I will join it again and see if lighting strikes the same place twice.

GG

Solarity
    It will Strike. Good Game today buddy.
    I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Comment

We've been doing this for years. What's new to you will soon be old to you. Welcome!
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Also: Khamm, hah love that.

Comment

Good games last night solarity. Hope to see you again.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Played another game tonight on the server as marine. It felt like the start of a typical pug game and developed into something much deeper. TBH I was skeptical of the comm decision to focus on double, though on the brink of loosing and only have main and double the comm managed to rally us and take out the hives and upgrades finally securing a hive location to tech up while we destroyed other hives. While I prefer taking a hive/tech point first, his ability to multitask is far better than mine. Only the Alien god knows how many onos and gorges we killed before we could turn this turtle into a snapping one. I really enjoyed the fight, look forward to more!

Also how many reserved slots do you guys have, it looks like I was getting kicked when I was the 16th person.
            Lights Out!

Comment

I believe it's a 20 player server with 4 reserved slots.
              I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Comment

I was getting kicked tonight when there were only 13 players in the server.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBird View Post
                  I believe it's a 20 player server with 4 reserved slots.
                  Not quite, It a 16 player server with 4 extra slots for reserved people so that SM can join when the game is at 8/8 and if it works like it did in NS1, it will kick the lowest time player when an SM joins and put the server at 17 players, unless that player is an SM, then it moves upto the next lowest time until it finds someone that is not an SM, and should not ever kick an SM even if all 16 other players are SMs.

That does not say that it is not currently buggy however and needs work.

We have had games in NS1 were the server was full of SMs. Here too that happening again.
                  Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Wyz would beable to tell you what is what with that plugin, you can always PM him with questions.

And also lost: Here is to hopefully having some captains games! woo.

Comment

Alright, Wyz. You won. I got my SM back.
                      Skud

Comment

I mentioned it to Wyz last night and a few others last night, though last night was a bit painful. Told some "friends" (random people I friend-ed in NS and play with) about the server, then they started to get kicked even with the server wasn't full. We even lost a comm last night and my wielders to a new OP alien ability called buggy-mod :) Though Wyz came to our rescue and comm'ed.

On another note the random mod was oddly enough seeming to put most of the better players on one team. For about 4 games strait I was only one of 1 or 2 people on our team that had a positive ratio, even from early game. Don't get me wrong I love a challenge, though that many stacked games in a row was painful. I think the last random game it swapped me with a low scorer on the marines, which was even more stacked. I don't like steam rolling teams either, unless they deserve it.

After that last random game I mentioned jokingly to have team captains and I was surprised that there was a mod for that as well. We picked team captains put more balanced teams together, but at the same time we neglected to make sure we had people who wanted to comm on both teams. I can khamm aliens fairly easily, though my lack of any type of multitasking hinders my ability to comm. I didn't even notice those skulks munching on my power node until I got out to build something. I decided to kill them, then a few more skulks came out and turned me into lunch. I guess it will get easier the more you play it, though with Aliens I seem to have a better overall awareness of what is going on.

While it was a bit frustrating, I really like the quick response from people mentioning how they want to improve the user experience. Also, there were small points of much fun.

I am considering joining the community, the price seems not bad for avoiding the much worst headaches of other servers.
                        Lights Out!

Comment

This server and its community is in its infancy. It's got a foundation of old community members and NS1 admin/config experience, but the best is yet to come, and, for the target demographic, the growing pains will be more than worth the inconveniences.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I had a dedicated server for a while for NS. I put on lerk lift and a few other mods. I really miss lerk lift. I even wrote a vendictive mod for my cs dedicated server. It would rebind their mouse1 to kill. Made it for these people who would try to exlpoite an issue with the a different mod that would cause the server to crash by spamming this glow command with a console script.

I miss the good old college days and the OC3 connection we had.

For both ns and cs they had these jumper maps that u could set way points if u fell down. I wonder if there are any jumper maps for ns2. I think they were called kz_*. We would do contest to see who could reach the top the first
                            Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X