9 players on a team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 players on a team?

Last night I saw several instances where there would be 9 players on one team, which of course meant that only 7 would be on the other team.

At first, I was going to suggest that we limit each team to 8 players, but I realize now that with enough reserved slots used, we could potentially have more than 16 players on at a time.

So, I guess this has turned into a balance issue.. Previously, the server did not allow someone to join a team that already had more players, but now it's allowing a player to join a side until it has n+2 players. Is this by design?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: 9 players on a team?

Not my design. If someone knows how to remedy that, please advise.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I've noticed that since the player removal step occurs when a 17th SM joins a team, half the time the person who is kicked is kicked from the other team, leading to the 7 to 9 imbalance. Since there isn't a need to kick until the player joins a team, there could be a reminder for SMs to switch teams if their joining a game in progress leads to the imbalance.

Or after a player is kicked the player with the shortest connection time on the team with 9 players could be automatically switched to complete the kick a player process.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Why not kick the player with the shortest play time before a SM joins, as the '17th' player, and go back to making sure each team must have the same number of players?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X