No announcement yet.

Does my name confuse you guys as well?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does my name confuse you guys as well?

Solarity sounds a lot like Celerity. Which in this game can add to a bit of confusion. I came up with the name in wow and I liked it because I normally suck at thinking of names. I got the name as I like astronomy and sol = sun. So I just threw something at the end of it to give it a cool sounding name. I use to use the tag Hostage as I would sometimes get someone to hesitate shooting me in CS when they saw the word "Hostage". (Squirrel moment)

...Anyway when I am ADD'ing out in the game on Alien and I hear someone say celerity I sometimes think they are referring to me. It is a bit of a let down when someone says Celerity is awesome or I love celerity, only to realize they are speaking of the ability :(

Random Thoughts,

-Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: Does my name confuse you guys as well?

Don't worry so much. If you like your name stick with it. I would suggest you might be over thinking it a tad :).
    I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Comment

Embrace your name, most peeps keep them a lifetime.

Sarcoma
      Sarcoma.

Comment

I have embraced Warlab....I have it tatooed on my arm in binary.

|

Comment

My name is a bit long to say while gaming (what? 7 syllables?), but most people shorten it to Cing (pronounced 'sing') when trying to spit it out in the middle of some gaming action. Perhaps we should shorten your name to 'Sol' when in-game?
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I think your name is cool. Keep it!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

+1 for keeping. Celerity will fall forgotten into history. Our great-grandchildren will sing songs about Solarity.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                +1 for keeping. Celerity will fall forgotten into history. Our great-grandchildren will sing songs about Solarity.
                This made me laugh so hard I feared waking up the woman.
                Lights Out!

Comment

Could just go by Solar in-game.
                  Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
                    Embrace your name, most peeps keep them a lifetime.
                    I find this comment mildly amusing mainly due to the name of the person posting it.

I have to admit, pubbing in NS2 has created a whole new level of weirdness when it comes to my name. Fen-icks no longer bothers me, but I've been called "The" for short a few times since this game launched, like "Hey, The, you're a pretty good lerk, go X and hold them off." I have no idea who they're talking to, then everyone starts yelling at me for chewing faces on the other side of the map.

Comment

Keep it, it is very easy to remember and in 14 years of online gaming I don't recall anything too similar.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X