player names must use only printable characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• player names must use only printable characters

Non-printable characters don't render reliably. They appear differently in scoreboards, logs, console commands, data files, chat messages, voicecomm rectangles, etc.

Player names on TGNS now must use only printable characters. Players with non-conforming names are warned in the readyroom and kicked upon team join. Kick reasons aren't yet possible in NS2.

Anyone having an international (or other, if you feel it worthwhile) need for disallowed characters may PM any admin. I'm sure we can accommodate.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: player names must use only printable characters

Is this automated or manually done by an admin?
    Lights Out!

Comment

It's automated. Let an admin know if it's acting outside its stated design.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

When it kicks me, i'll let you know :P
        Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed