Organized Scheduled game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Organized Scheduled game?

I would like to purpose a scheduled organize game. We find a time that is best for everyone, pick the comm/khamms, and pick the teams then play.

I love the games that we get very balanced teams and for the whole game you don't know who is going to win. I personally never care for the games when I am the only non-green or everyone that has killed me enough to annoy me is on my team. I like a challenge.

Granted preference would be given to supporting members as it would suck to have someone kicked in this game. I would also like to nominate Donat and Wyz as commanders as they can both tame the difficult marine chair. From there I would like the comms to pick the teams based of skill with having a couple people as alternates if we have a no show. Then we switch sides. If the one team wins both times after the first map, we swap a couple of people to see if we can make it more balanced.

Lastly I wonder if we could have 20 members play at the same time? If not could people spectate?

What do you guys think?

-Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: Organized Scheduled game?

The closest we're going to get to this is an announced Captains Night. We used to have a weekly night that was known as Captains Night, wherein it was simply understood that every game that night would be a captains game. In short order, word spread, and you showed up early in the afternoon or you didn't play -- place was jammed.

For the new among us: captains games have admins appointing two captains (regulars -- folks who know the crowd), who pick players dodgeball style, one-at-a-time, until both teams are full. This balances the skill quite well. Two rounds are played. Fun times all around.

The server and our community (you want majority regulars for this) is approaching the stability we need to do that sort of thing now.

I think last time it was Saturday nights. Or maybe Thursday nights. It was fun for the regulars, and it impressed the hell out of strangers that happened upon the server as it was happening.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I would love to see something like this on a Friday or Saturday night!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'll start educating myself around the admin commands that make this happen. After I appoint some new admins (you definitely want housekeepers present during these things), this will likely become a regular event.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

This sounds like fun. I remember Captains Night. It was one of the strongest reasons prompting me to get SM because as Wyz said of their incredible popularity. I look forward to it, but is it really feasible given the current state of admin tools?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
            I look forward to it, but is it really feasible given the current state of admin tools?
            Yes :)
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...