No announcement yet.

Captains mode / When should we have it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains mode / When should we have it.

Yes, I understand that captains mode is fun, however it is NOT fun when you have people who don't know totally how to play yet, and have the server both unlocked and un-moded. Not only does it take a while to get everyone started but then when you have people constantly joining without knowing what the plan is, its pathetic.

NOT FUN.

I would prefer we could actually make a date to have captains, and then also have a mod and or admin on. Elsewise it just ends up being frustrating.

Re: Captains mode / When should we have it.

We're working now to improve the captains games offering. We should have something to share soon. It might or might not meet exactly what you're hoping for. More soon.

The better tooling really does need to arrive before we get too excited about captains games.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I dunno, everyone else stuck it out and we had a pretty back and forth game, most everyone said GG at the end. It was messy in the readyroom but everyone was patient and mature and the games did start like normal.

That said, i'm super pumped to see TGNS having the tools we had back in the NS1 server. I forgot how much a difference it made!

Comment

I thought we got it organized a lot better than we thought it would, the only problem we didn't have the best people on.

Waiting a few extra minutes and telling people who are picked to go spectate worked very well. At least it was better than the previous game where all good players on one team and we rolled the other team.
        Lights Out!

Comment

kormendi has been doing great work on our captains plugin. It's just about ready for prime time.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

How did the game go last night? Had to go, before it started.
            Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X