Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin to block green players from the Command Chair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin to block green players from the Command Chair?

I was wondering if it was even possible to have a plugin to do this, and if so, if we could get something like this?

A commander really needs to know what his options are, before he can even think of starting to lead a team, and a green tag basically says you don't know anything, please teach me.

I think we be much better off if players had to learn to play on the ground first, before the went into the chair. This would let him learn on the ground, before he goes and makes options that basically effect how the whole team can play.

I would also like to hear why people might think this is a bad or a good idea.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Re: Plugin to block green players from the Command Chair?

My optimism dictates that I must afford opportunities to the rookies who are ready to learn, listen, and "follow orders" from those teaching them how to command.

Eject doesn't solve the problem you stated?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I like giving new blood a chance to command. Fun and Friendly. Best way to keep it.
      I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Comment

Wait a second, there's a difference between letting someone command for the first time (a good thing) and letting a rookie with less than four hours of playing NS2 take command (a bad thing). I take command only as a last resort because I still don't know how to play some of the roles that exist in this game (I need to learn Lerk and Fade still, and need to remember to use jetpacks and flamethrowers when I'm a Marine). If it's possible, I think a plugin that prevents green players from jumping in the command chair would be a fine idea if it checked to make sure the server was, say, half full already and over half the team was non-green.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I dislike this. Sure, I don't want greens in command either but there are instances where it might be necessary. Say you're down to one last person spawned, your infantry portals got taken out but so did all the aliens. All you need to do is put down a building and you have a fighting chance at turning the game back around. What if that last person is cooperative, has a mic, has the entire team teaching him how to put down a building to save the game but he can't jump in command chair because of a plugin?

Comment

Now: certainly not. Not while we're in a huge influx of new players. Nothing says "exclusive community no noobs allowed" like feature locking.
            In a couple months?: Maybe worth exploring again. We have a lot of players from the holiday sales, it would be wrong to exclude them for now. And what's the worst that can happen... You lose a game in 10 minutes and hopefully the new player learns their lesson?

No harm, no foul.
            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              Wait a second, there's a difference between letting someone command for the first time (a good thing) and letting a rookie with less than four hours of playing NS2 take command (a bad thing). I take command only as a last resort because I still don't know how to play some of the roles that exist in this game (I need to learn Lerk and Fade still, and need to remember to use jetpacks and flamethrowers when I'm a Marine). If it's possible, I think a plugin that prevents green players from jumping in the command chair would be a fine idea if it checked to make sure the server was, say, half full already and over half the team was non-green.
              This was exactly what I was trying to hint at. I don't mind new people being a commander when they know how to play, but I am not sure that a rookie with less then 4 hours in the game can handle everything that is coming their way when they hop in the chair.

But as the overall response seems to be that people don't think we need something like this, I withdraw this request.
              Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

TBH I think you guys are trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist or doesn't need to be fixed.

I remember one game where Donat and some others had a green khamming when I joined and we still won. The guy did very well and listened, he also must have watched the videos. Also I have joined the server empty with rookie friends to teach them how. There is also the instances mentioned above where a Rookie might be the last person there.

Though in all honesty, the low threshold of votes that are required to kick someone is already the solution you are looking for. I would rather have the admins/devs work on the scripts that need to be polished.
                Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
                  I dislike this. Sure, I don't want greens in command either but there are instances where it might be necessary. Say you're down to one last person spawned, your infantry portals got taken out but so did all the aliens. All you need to do is put down a building and you have a fighting chance at turning the game back around. What if that last person is cooperative, has a mic, has the entire team teaching him how to put down a building to save the game but he can't jump in command chair because of a plugin?
                  Originally posted by solarity View Post
                  Though in all honesty, the low threshold of votes that are required to kick someone is already the solution you are looking for. I would rather have the admins/devs work on the scripts that need to be polished.
                  Yep, you're both right!
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Check. Focusing all energy on my Peanut Butter Jelly Time plugin, then.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X