This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycling to surrender?

OK, so I understand that since there's no longer a surrender plugin, that recycling is sometimes used by the Marines to surrender, but something happened tonight that really upset me. I was a Marine, and after our commander's chair was taken down, someone else jumped in another chair to put down some infantry portals. After he had done that, he determined (with much of the team concurring) that it was hopeless and he recycled the infantry portals, but left the rest of the buildings up and then started killing aliens that came to attack the chair. So, the rest of his team can't spawn, but just have to sit there and watch him kill aliens with his jetpack and flamethrower. An Onos came by soon after and ended the game, but for about a minute I was really getting pissed.

If you're going to recycle to surrender, don't kill aliens. Let them take down the chair. Please.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Recycling to surrender?

I've asked the admins to think creatively on how we can create a solution available to the losing teams that moves us all from game to game to game without taking control from the team that's earned the right to control the flow of the game (that would be the winning team).

More as things develop (korm and I, and soon others, have definitely got this code-writing thing going now...). This is a HOT topic, so I'm going to give admins first shot at coming up with something.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Re: Recycling to surrender?

I've added WinOrLose to the server in an effort to provide the losing team a quick endgame option that allows a moment for the winning team to have some sort of "victory razing".

Discuss the plugin:

New endgame option: WinOrLose
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X