Reverse Captains?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Captains?

Okay we still have some issues with stacking and it can be annoying to me no matter what side I am on. I want a game where I don't know who is going to win. So instead of all the drama we normally face, etc. Why not let all the pugs join their respective teams and we do reverse team captains and pick who will go what team with the regulars. That way we get rid of the people who have no idea where they are going and between the 4-8 of us regulars we can make sure we all don't get random'ed to the same team, i.e. A game today where I look and I know everyone on the other team and I have never played with the people on my team. It also makes us look bad when all the TG tags are on the same team and the other team gets rolled.

Granted this will not take in account for people who are really good and just join a random game, though to be honest most random people who join are just cannon fadder.

On a side note...Sometimes I hate getting good at a game, then you take things a lot more seriously as you want to get the best game you can and you can get frustrated with peoples lack of cooperation.
    Lights Out!

Re: Reverse Captains?

When I read this thread title, I had my own idea of "reverse captains", though it should instead be called "chain of command" or something similarly annoying and pun-ish. The captains pick their first player each, and then the captains hand their election power to the person they selected. Repeat. This potentially gives interesting team variation, as while I may like playing with players B and C, and select B first, B might choose Z as his "next."
    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Neat idea! B could join his team after picking Z. Z would join after choosing, and so on.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I think there should be a plugin when x amount or % of players are supporting members or have more than 10 hours invested on the TG server, that the teams are automatically randomized. I too, after only playing on the server for a week, have noticed that team stacking, whether intentional or unintentional, occurs more often than it should.

Of course, it would need experimenting and testing.
        |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
          I think there should be a plugin when x amount or % of players are supporting members or have more than 10 hours invested on the TG server, that the teams are automatically randomized. I too, after only playing on the server for a week, have noticed that team stacking, whether intentional or unintentional, occurs more often than it should.

We just need to get the balance plug in rewritten for NS2.

That worked lovely back in NS1.
          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post

You're forgetting that some of the SMs here aren't any better than a random pubbie...<unequip mirror>
            "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

When the teams are balanced the games last for an hour, which isn't so bad, though it makes it hard to leave your computer when your fiance says you got to go.
              Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X