binds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• binds

Is it possible to make custom binds in ns2 like it was in half-life? I miss the last used weapon bind that all half-life games have. it'd also be nice to have join team binds as well, which was possible before.

Re: binds

In your options.xml, you can see custom binds for strange things like <q>Q</q>, these are the commander's grid binds. Fully customizable. Every other bind should be in keybinds somewhere, let me know if there's a specific one I can help you find.

Also, it's been 10 years. Hello again TGNS.
    ~Psi~

Comment

Do note that some keys are not bindable, like Caps lock. That one used to be bindable in the beta, but they broke it in the release.

Still not sure how that got though any sort of QA, that along with the default voice key being alt and the score board tab. It not like alt-tab is something that not a lot of people know about...
      Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost View Post
        Do note that some keys are not bindable, like Caps lock. That one used to be bindable in the beta, but they broke it in the release.

Still not sure how that got though any sort of QA, that along with the default voice key being alt and the score board tab. It not like alt-tab is something that not a lot of people know about...
        True, but luckily those are rebindable right out of the box. Binds are an especially difficult problem for me, because I am left handed.
        ~Psi~

Comment

It's good to see you back, RedEye. :) Thanks for the help.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I cannot believe you are still active. I don't suppose the rest of the old crew exists?
            ~Psi~

Comment

Enough to enjoy. Others will continue to trickle in, as you just have. Someone else IM'd me just tonight saying he was returning.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Do you mean to edit the binds from the file itself? If so, i think i need some help located said file. I looked through the ns2 directory but couldnt exactly locate it. basically i'd like to make a "used last weapon" bind. as i find it very helpful to use it to switch between your pistol or heal spray, etc.

and its great to see you redeye. waiting for more come backs

Originally posted by PsiRedEye22 View Post
                In your options.xml, you can see custom binds for strange things like <q>Q</q>, these are the commander's grid binds. Fully customizable. Every other bind should be in keybinds somewhere, let me know if there's a specific one I can help you find.

Also, it's been 10 years. Hello again TGNS.

Comment

Originally posted by jack^ View Post
                  Is it possible to make custom binds in ns2 like it was in half-life? I miss the last used weapon bind that all half-life games have. it'd also be nice to have join team binds as well, which was possible before.
                  I would like a lastinv bind myself. As for join teams, it's like "Bind F1 j1" and "Bind F2 j2" to join the teams using F1 and F2, sans " ".

Comment

Originally posted by jack^ View Post
                    Do you mean to edit the binds from the file itself? If so, i think i need some help located said file. I looked through the ns2 directory but couldnt exactly locate it. basically i'd like to make a "used last weapon" bind. as i find it very helpful to use it to switch between your pistol or heal spray, etc.

and its great to see you redeye. waiting for more come backs
                    C:/, Program Files (x86), Steam, Userdata, (whatever number you have here), 4920, Remote, options.xml.
                    ~Psi~

Comment

Question with this, aside from the lastinv bind, which would be fantastic, I'd also like to set up multiple attack commands. As an example, in NS1, not only did left click fire my weapon, but the spinning the mousehweel (mwheelup/mwheeldown) did also, which made pistol sniping a very rewarding experience. So what exactly would the syntax be for setting that up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                        Question with this, aside from the lastinv bind, which would be fantastic, I'd also like to set up multiple attack commands. As an example, in NS1, not only did left click fire my weapon, but the spinning the mousehweel (mwheelup/mwheeldown) did also, which made pistol sniping a very rewarding experience. So what exactly would the syntax be for setting that up?
                        Lol other people did this too? I loved killing lerks in vents this way.
                        Lights Out!

Comment

I thought they updated the existing binds to allow more than one key setting, so you might be able to set it in game now.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by solarity View Post
                            Lol other people did this too? I loved killing lerks in vents this way.
                            Everyone in Cal-NS did this. Also bound mousewheel to jump for aliens.
                            ~Psi~

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                              I always considered this an exploit that should be patched out with a minimum time between bullets (maximum rate of fire).
                              "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X