Ultra Magnus leading Marines to Victory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Ultra Magnus leading Marines to Victory

I just finished an interesting game on ns_veil. Our commander Ultra Magnus told everyone at the pre game time that only one person, miragezors, would stay around and build base (alright nothing new) and that he wanted the rest of us to push into the alien base, completely ignoring res nodes. He emphasized early aggression for marines. We got an early second base in Sub-Sector with a phase gate, armory, and sentries soon following. The aliens took over nano-grid (double) fast from the onset of the game and held it quite some time. They had at lease one skilled lerk who dominated early game and refused to die. With our secured base of operations locking down the left side of the map we didn't lose control of nodes like skylights (a common lose for marines it seems). We were able to harass the right side of the map as well, beating back the pushes nearing our base. With our relatively stable source of res we were on the fast track to dual exos so that we pretty much met the first Onos to spawn with a dual exo of our own. Eventually half the team had exos and the other half had welders. We never once were beacon'd home (quite an unusual experience on ns_veil). Just when I thought we'd win by taking down their second hive they managed to rip apart Sub-Sector and base rush us, dropping a hive in Sub-Sector for posterity. We lost power to base and were stranded a couple of exos, two marines with welders, and one ninja marine with an axe.

Anyways shout out to Ultra Magnus who led the team well with excellent communication, not to mention skill. He definitely gave me a new strategy to consider as marines. It makes sense matching alien early game blitz since their commander can build without allies. The more marines you can have clearing the way and making the alien's lives a bit harder definitely seems to have a lot more plus sides than grabbing the first res node you see waiting for the initial alien rush. He had great synergy with miragezors helping out at base and at RTs, very close communication. Kudos to the aliens for putting up an excellent fight which I thought would win the game for sure. They coordinated players going gorge and hydrating and clogging up double before shifting to other life forms. Also special mention to the amazing lerk that refused to die, Kalost. It was one hell of a game with an abundance of pubs reflecting the TG spirit.
    Last edited by Sirusblk; 01-03-2013, 02:15 AM. Reason: Added more names.

Re: Ultra Magnus leading Marines to Victory

I was calling for a quick rush on marine start once we cleared sub sector and you were bearing down on our last hive. If folks had moved 30 seconds earlier we might have still pulled off a win. Halfway through the game, our comm jumped out to help gorge, then fell silent for a couple minutes. I think he eventually disconnected. Someone else jumped in the hive at that point but we had already lost a couple onos.

Comment

Great read. Thanks for sharing.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wish I was there. Also Kalost a Lerk??? Everyone knows he goes skulk or Onos. Then on rare occasions gorge.
        Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X