New endgame option: WinOrLose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New endgame option: WinOrLose

WinOrLose quickly ends the game at the losing team's discretion while preserving a little time for the winning team to have their way with the losing team's base.

WinOrLose has to be voted in by your losing team. When the vote is successful (in a large game, most every teammate must affirm the vote), a one-minute countdown begins. During this countdown, the losing team's player weapons will not fire. If the winning team hasn't won the game after one minute unopposed, the losing team which called WinOrLose wins.

To start or affirm a vote for WinOrLose, choose "Concede" or "Surrender" from your player menu. If enough teammates vote, your team has called WinOrLose. The game will end soon. Whomever wins, it's on to a new game for everyone.

Please alert me to defects in the plugin's operation.

Please share constructive feedback.
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 11-18-2013, 02:50 PM. Reason: edited to reflect (now old) changes
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: New endgame option: WinOrLose

So, it's announced and the countdown is visible to both sides once a WinOrLose vote is successful?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It's announced, yes.

It doesn't render/display/update during the two minutes. If you miss the initial notification, you're in for a surprise.

I'll improve the plugin so that it does send chat messages periodically during the countdown (after a successful vote).

In the meantime, I'm like to hear about any other defects and constructive feedback.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Sounds pretty cool to me. You and/or Korm wrote this? Is this something that TG can publish to improve other servers and bring positive attention to TG?

I don't remember if you were here in the early CS days of TG/N42, but there was a clan here (Clan Vicious) that wrote a collection of scripts that were pretty popular throughout the CounterStrike community, and I think it helped promote our community quite a bit in the very early days.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...tml#post255435
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Thats a great idea CingularDuality - publishing these plugins and specifically having TGNS in the description and maybe even title (WinOrLose [TacticalGamer.com]) would definitely promote people to check out our server, and help mindshare in the greater community.

Comment

So i am assuming mines and turrets will still function. Also if new people join the game does it prevent them from fireing? Will Knives and welders still work? Lots of Mines, TF, and an army of MACs might effect this early game w/o bile bomb, if the marines are going against a stack team. Though I think abuse for this might be limited. Would be also interesting to see an army of arcs headed to the alien base, then they will have the real option to winorlose. Do marines still spawn can the comm drop supplies/buildings, and can someone drop a second comm chair after the counter has started?

In all honesty I see a very very small chance of it being exploited, though I am always interested in how to break things :)
            Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by solarity View Post
              Also if new people join the game does it prevent them from fireing? Will Knives and welders still work?
              The player attack functionality is blocked entirely regardless of weapon.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

It is a very creative way of ending a game.
                Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                  Is this something that TG can publish to improve other servers and bring positive attention to TG?
                  The code is available in the TGNS open-source mods repository.

Comment

One Bug the comm put his whole LMG into my gorge and killed me after winorlose on docking. Was pretty funny. The com chair wasn't down yet.
                    Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by solarity View Post
                      One Bug the comm put his whole LMG into my gorge and killed me after winorlose on docking. Was pretty funny. The com chair wasn't down yet.
                      I think their chair had just gone down, and the end game message hadn't shown yet. There's no way one player could attack you and the rest of the team couldn't
                      Steam Community: | |

Comment

Accepting that this will sometimes get misused, I have to say that, despite my intimate knowledge with what this thing does and all of the time I've already spent with it in the editor, I was pleasantly surprised tonight when it was used after a long, drawn-out game.

The team discussed the feasibility of voting, pulled the trigger together, and that game was over in less than one minute.

I don't want people giving up prematurely, and I don't want a bunch of drama as people argue about whether or not the team should be giving up, but I do like how quickly this thing has potential to move a bunch of stale, frustrated soldiers into a new, exciting battlefield.

Comment

Tbh i dont think it should have been used last night. It should be used more for a turtle or no hope for a reason to use it. I think everyone was tired and wanted a new map. I think the game would have ended naturally within a few minutes. I don't know if I like a premature use of it. I think if there has been a long turtle, then use it.

I guess it was to good of a game to end the way it did. I even think the marinew had a better team, I think they just made a couple criticle mistakes.
                          Last edited by solarity; 01-04-2013, 10:55 AM.
                          Lights Out!

Comment

I think that was a perfect use last night. I had the alien viewpoint. The game was an exciting one, but it was clear the momentum was swinging steadily in alien favor, and the marine pushes were losing all effectiveness. Aliens had just retaken cafeteria for the 3rd? time, but this time had 4 Onos and gorge backup so it was a pushover. The map was controlled by aliens with res surplus building. The end was inevitable, but likely that the marines could have turtled for 15 minutes, which isn't fun for anyone. If the marines were going to swing a victory that game, it would have been the exo push that was repelled.
                            "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

There is only two real reasons I see the usefulness:

1) Me and maybe at least one other person is carrying the whole team vs a stacked team. I can't be in more than one place at once and we are slowly loosing. Instead of leaving out of frustration, we can use this.
                              2) The aliens have pushed the marines back and they are in a complete turtle, w/o the mod it will take 15-20mins to crack their defense.

I really don't want to see this mod take over for the natural end of a game.
                              Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X