Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Cool info about future patches

Build 236: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=108447514

Testing some changes, potentially for 236 (updated 1/03 6:05pm PST)
    O Cysts now start with 25 health (down from 100)
    O Increased minimum distance that Cysts can be placed near other Cysts (now 6 meters up from 2 meters)
    O When Cyst is destroyed, it's infestation dies instantly (we will improve effect if we keep this)
    O Removed Res While Dead (want to try this first before addressing lifeform explosion)
    O Changed marine armor and damage upgrade costs from 15/25/35 to 20/30/40
    O Upgrading Whips, Shifts and Shades to get their higher abilities costs 10 instead of 15
    O Grenade launcher damage radius reduced from 8 to 6
    O Marine respawn time increased from 7 to 9
    O Nano-shield cooldown increased from 10 to 12
    O EMP cooldown reduced from 8 to 6
    O EMP now takes 65% of alien energy instead of 50%
    O Fade health increased from 250 to 300
    O Mine health/armor reduced from 80/10 to 60/10
    Lights Out!

Re: Cool info about future patches

Those cyst changes seem dramatic..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
      Those cyst changes seem dramatic..
      FTFY:

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

The game will be renamed to: "Wack a cyst"
        Lights Out!

Comment

I demand to know who was saying Cysts are OP lol
          Skud

Comment

This is more to stop abuse before it starts I guess. Put a bunch of cysts around a rt and it will tie up a but of time to remove them to put down a rine RT. Also spamming base can be annoying
            Lights Out!

Comment

Maybe they are just trying general ways to make aliens weaker without nerfing specific abilities.

EDIT: wow nvm, aliens are more powerful.

Comment

Fades didn't really need any more health. It was damn near impossible to kill them before. 3+ shotgun shells to kill them before, while they kill you in a mere second.
                |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
                  Fades didn't really need any more health. It was damn near impossible to kill them before. 3+ shotgun shells to kill them before, while they kill you in a mere second.
                  No that is just me :p, try getting into a base full of marines compared to an onos. The fade is a shadow of its former self and can be still lethal in the hands of the skilled, though end game it is hard. Lone marines are easy...with lvl 3 weapons, shotty jp and exos are a little hard. The lack of use of a fade compared to onos and lerk itself shows their usefulness. They are 100hp less than ns1, lack acid rocket, and metabolize. All they got was shadow step which is alright and vortex, which is so useless khamms seldomly research or nor fades use it. The onos is op, though even when I am a marine I dont think they need to get nerfed as they need to still be scary
                  Lights Out!

Comment

There is no late-game Fade because they can be solo'd by a level 3 marine. The swipe doesn't do enough damage at that point to take down a marine before dying. Adding health or armor is a reasonable balance, as increasing fade damage would rapidly make them mid-game dominators. As they stand, they're very much a high-skill, hit-and-run class like a gas lerk, but they lose all effectiveness in late game. I for one welcome our new Fade-balance overlords. I'm not sure 250 to 300 is enough though. I'd go with more 2-hive and 3-hive armor.
                    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

They do anything to fix my aim?
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Maybe the cyst changes will result in more cyst spam. Right now you kinda see slim lines of cysts being plopped down to expand. Maybe it'll result in a room being filled with cysts to cover it in infestation that doesn't just disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                          Maybe the cyst changes will result in more cyst spam. Right now you kinda see slim lines of cysts being plopped down to expand. Maybe it'll result in a room being filled with cysts to cover it in infestation that doesn't just disappear.
                          Save for the fact that you need the thin lines early on as you don't have a lot of res to spend on cysts.

I tend to do thin lines, then go back and thicken them as time goes on and I can spare the res to do so.

One thing to keep in mind about the fade. A good EMP hit will kill a fade. When the EMP hits, they lose 50 energy and if the fade is low, that means that they can't blink or shadow step any more. No blink or shadow-step makes shooting the fade as trivial as shooting at an onos, only it can't take the damage that the onos can.
                          Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Eternaly_Lost View Post
                            A good EMP hit will kill a fade. When the EMP hits, they lose 50 energy
                            And these changes up that to 65% with a shorter cool down. EMP is looking like a very nice counter to fades now.
                            Steam Community: | |

Comment

Just when I thought I was getting the hang of this game:

1. You can upgrade whips, shades and shifts? To what?

2. EMP? What is this and why have I never heard of it?
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X