READ AND 'SIGN": The TGNS Primer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] READ AND 'SIGN": The TGNS Primer

Tactical Gamer has a long and storied history of providing mature gameplay across a wide breadth of games. As a founding principle, The Tactical Gamer Primer has served most of these games well, through defining basic tenets of the community and the games being played within.

Natural Selection is a detour from the types of games (human warfare and other sims) that were prevalent when the principles of Tactical Gamer were originally conceived, and as such, the standard Primer as written does not always fit our particular mold.

To that end, we have crafted a game-specific version of the Primer, the TGNS Primer. These are our stated foundations as administrators and community members, and serve as a starting point from which all of our actions are taken.

The first two points are verbatim copies of the original Primer. Beyond that, we've crafted specifically for Natural Selection at Tactical Gamer.

1) Create an environment conducive for mature gamers to enjoy the games they play without the everyday interference from the less-than-mature gamers.

2) Create an environment where there was mutual respect for your fellow gamers and where all members would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.

3) Within the framework of the above two items, create a cohesive gaming community that consistently uses teamwork, communication, strategy and tactics to enhance everyone's enjoyment of Natural Selection.

4) Focus on the intentions of the game design inside the boundaries of strategy and tactics that define Tactical Gamer as opposed to the crutches leveraged by some flaws in game mechanics.

It is possible that these words are not what we hoped they would be -- we are after all human -- and as such, we reserve the right to add, delete, or reword any item in the future so as to better represent our intentions as players at Tactical Gamer Natural Selection.

It is from these tenets which our rules come, as well as each and every one of our official announcements AND our Required Reading thread.

-------------------
    To indicate that you've read and agree to what has been posted above, please "sign" this thread with the following (edited for your NS2 STEAM ID, of course; playername is preferable, but forum name is fine if you like):

<readandagree>YourPlayerNameHere<withid>99999999 </readandagree>

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 07-01-2015, 10:53 PM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: READ AND 'SIGN&quot;: The TGNS Primer

<readandagree>Wyzcrak<withid>160301</readandagree>
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 05-30-2013, 10:02 PM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

<readandagree>kormendi<withid>9348</readandagree>
      Last edited by kormendi; 10-31-2016, 11:08 PM.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">CingularDuality<withid>271296</readandagree>
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">Boogalo<withid>578284</readandagree>

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">|TG-6th|snooggums<withid>218224</readandagree>
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">Eternaly_Lost<withid>9143336</readandagree>
              Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">Skud<withid>24961637</readandagree>
                Skud

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">Ferris Bueller<withid>30821976</readandagree>

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">jack^<withid>2422699</readandagree>

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">BB<withid>23807487</readandagree>
                      I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">micro<withid>1554208</readandagree>

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">StraitRaider<withid>59058266</readandagree>
                          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">k<withid>41720130</readandagree>

Comment

<readandagree="/natural-selection-general-discussion/190765-read-sign-tgns-primer.html">Kalost<withid>15701144</readandagree>
                              Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X