Team balancing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team balancing

While we have a mod in the works for this I think it is great when work together to make sure teams are even balanced. Granted we can't know if that unknown on the team is a pro, though we know who is a regular and will work together. Also greens are a bit obvious. Snoogs mentioned his team has 3 greens, marines had 1. It was very easy to get one of them to switch with me. The game was a challenge and I like the fact that I did not know who would win from the start.

I know people get annoyed with me QQ'ing about teams. Though it isn't about being on the winning team, it is about having a challenge and that is where you have the most fun. I do not want to be on the stacked team either as it boring, might as well be playing with bots.

I just want a good time and for a few seconds of moving people around we can turn things into a GG! I know a lot of you don't mind waiting it out, though the little time I have to play games, I want it to be the best game I can.

Lastly I think it is very important for those who bare the TG tag not to be all on the same team. I know we have a random mod, though even being random should not be an excuse for swapping with a couple of people. I see on the NS2 forums people complain about clans stacking one team all the time. I know no one here does it on purpose so for the sake of making our community that much better and to have some great games, lets put a little more effort in.

Lastly there is one exclusion to this rule. When you have a lot of cocky guys that keep going marine and forcing all the good players to go aliens. (like we have seen before) Then they start complaining about stacking, yet not listening to us when we tell them to go alien. Then go forth and own. That is the only time I enjoy stacks.

GG

Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: Team balancing

Originally posted by solarity View Post
    While we have a mod in the works for this I think it is great when work together to make sure teams are even balanced. Granted we can't know if that unknown on the team is a pro, though we know who is a regular and will work together. Also greens are a bit obvious. Snoogs mentioned his team has 3 greens, marines had 1. It was very easy to get one of them to switch with me. The game was a challenge and I like the fact that I did not know who would win from the start.

I know people get annoyed with me QQ'ing about teams. Though it isn't about being on the winning team, it is about having a challenge and that is where you have the most fun. I do not want to be on the stacked team either as it boring, might as well be playing with bots.

I just want a good time and for a few seconds of moving people around we can turn things into a GG! I know a lot of you don't mind waiting it out, though the little time I have to play games, I want it to be the best game I can.

Lastly I think it is very important for those who bare the TG tag not to be all on the same team. I know we have a random mod, though even being random should not be an excuse for swapping with a couple of people. I see on the NS2 forums people complain about clans stacking one team all the time. I know no one here does it on purpose so for the sake of making our community that much better and to have some great games, lets put a little more effort in.

Lastly there is one exclusion to this rule. When you have a lot of cocky guys that keep going marine and forcing all the good players to go aliens. (like we have seen before) Then they start complaining about stacking, yet not listening to us when we tell them to go alien. Then go forth and own. That is the only time I enjoy stacks.

GG

Solarity
    While i understand where your coming from, I don't think this is something that can or should be enforced. For example, Wyzcrak, and Donat are fantastic commanders, and some of the best games I've played is when they have faced off with each other. That being said, I'd hate to forbid them to play to together on the same team.

Simply put, it's fun to loose/win too familiar faces.

guidelines, more than rules...
    I am BB.

What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBird View Post
      While i understand where your coming from, I don't think this is something that can or should be enforced. For example, Wyzcrak, and Donat are fantastic commanders, and some of the best games I've played is when they have faced off with each other. That being said, I'd hate to forbid them to play to together on the same team.

Simply put, it's fun to loose/win too familiar faces.

guidelines, more than rules...
      By no means am I saying we should make it a rule, I just think we should be conscience of it and really put efforts on making sure there is not a team of just rookies, etc. Just be aware and make some effort, there are plenty of good commanders out there, so that is rarely a problem. Though sometimes I go to the team Donat is not on, simply that he seems to be my biggest foe and I do enjoy the challenge as much as I enjoy play with him. I would rather play against him in a good game then with him on a stacked team.

Again it isn't like I am asking people to walk on water, just make a small effort of getting off the couch to go to the fridge for some mountain dew. :p
      Lights Out!

Comment

If it's self-policed, this could be a generally good idea. I seem to remember on the NS1 servers, the admin random would occur, then we would just swap if it got too stacked. It's even easier in NS2 with the "game starts in 90s, who will comm?" thing, plenty of time to self-police the issue.
        ~Psi~

Comment

Originally posted by PsiRedEye22 View Post
          It's even easier in NS2 with the "game starts in 90s, who will comm?" thing, plenty of time to self-police the issue.
          I don't know about the rest of you, but I can never tell who is on what team until the game actually starts. The player rosters simply don't display properly, and I think it's due to the plugins running on the server, but I say that only because I've not run across this issue on any other server.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            I don't know about the rest of you, but I can never tell who is on what team until the game actually starts. The player rosters simply don't display properly, and I think it's due to the plugins running on the server, but I say that only because I've not run across this issue on any other server.
            Yeah, there's a ~20 second delay until the team rosters show. I have no idea why that is.
            ~Psi~

Comment

Originally posted by PsiRedEye22 View Post
              Yeah, there's a ~20 second delay until the team rosters show. I have no idea why that is.
              I'm working on tracking this down. I think this is due to a bug with the plugin that does the 90 second countdown. From what I've observed, each team needs 3 players before the scoreboard updates properly.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

Also, at times teams look stacked if you just go by a TG tag, but many regulars just use un-tagged names. Last night someone even ridiculously suggested a TG vs pubs game, even though there were really only 2-3 pubs and the rest were SM and regs.

Comment

The problem with the TG tag is it is about perception. I know who most of the regulars and supporting members are. The problem is the other people don't, when you see a team full of TG people and a non-reg would think it was stacked. I am hoping we can get badges for supporting members so you can see who is a part of the server w/o a tag. TBH I am not really someone who likes to sport tags. I will advertise, though I won't be a billboard.
                  Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by solarity View Post
                    I am hoping we can get badges for supporting members so you can see who is a part of the server w/o a tag.
                    That would be cool. Maybe put SM names in blue or a TG dog tag next to it.
                    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
                      That would be cool. Maybe put SM names in blue or a TG dog tag next to it.
                      Hrmm changing the name to blue might be easier than custom badges. After all there are 3 colors: green, yellow, and white.

I don't think we need admin tags as we shouldnt advertise an admin isnt on and admins are very easy to get ahold of when we need one.

Got one guy to comply with changing his name from a 4 letter F word. Though he changed it from F you to F off. I made a smart response back to him then he changed it to something more appropriate.
                      Lights Out!

Comment

The only tag I'm interested in seeing is who signed the TGNS Primer.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X