Temp Admin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Admin

Temp Admin is now on the server. Temp Admin provides a limited admin presence when admins are not around to help. Any Temp Admin is held to the same standards as an admin: he is an exemplary player and community member.

Temp Admins are chosen automatically when four things happen concurrently:

1) No admin is on your team
    2) You're a Supporting Member
    3) You've signed the TGNS Primer
    4) You've opted in to Temp Admin (to opt in or out: in console: sh_tempadmin)

Only one Temp Admin will exist on a team at any given time, and you're asked to address any problem the server has. Temp Admins are denoted on the scoreboard with a "T".

If you're a Temp Admin, and an admin joins your team, you'll lose your Temp Admin status.

Temp Admin comes with these burdens (more will come in the future; requests welcome):

Kick
    Change Map
    Cycle Map (advances to next map in cycle, whatever it may be)
    Random Players
    Switch Player Team
    Enable Captains Mode (and assign captains)
    Monitor Player Mutes
    Admin Chat (the same as is sent/received by admins)
    Temp Ban

Remember: You're expected to carry yourself in an exemplary manner when acting as Temp Admin. Commands you execute are logged.
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 08-21-2013, 11:33 PM. Reason: sv_tempadmin->sh_tempadmin
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Temp Admin

Great work I like the part of having to opt in. Do we still contact an admin if someone is trolling and keeps joining the server after we have kicked them? Also what happens to tmp admin when you enter the RR? Lastly does switch player overide team balance? I.e your team has 3 rookies other team has none and they are being that responsive?
    Lights Out!

Comment

Do you have to opt in every time you join the server?

How does a temp admin use the available commands?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        Do you have to opt in every time you join the server?

How does a temp admin use the available commands?
        No, you only have to opt-in once.

You can type the commands from the console (press ` or ~ to access)

sv_help will show which commands are available and a description on how to use each one.

In addition to the commands shown by sv_help, a temp admin can talk on a private admin chat channel by starting a chat message with @. There are 3 ways the @ chat can be used:
        1. @<text> -- Send a message to all admins. Only non-admins can use this option.
        2. @<name> <text> -- Send a private message to a player, all admins can see this. Only admins/temp admins can use this option.
        3. @ <text> -- *note the space*, this will send the chat text to all admins without the private message.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

As a guess I would say yes as that is a server side command like our tagline

I think we need to do it in the console, though wyz will need to confirm. I dont ever see these commands typed in chat.
          Lights Out!

Comment

Rather large bug with Temp admin: when a round ends, temp admins on either (or both) teams automatically rejoin the same team they were on (no time in the ready room) and are unable to quit the team to go to the ready room through F4 or manual rr/readyroom commands via console. The only way to join the readyroom is to leave the server completely and come back.

In essence, temp admin currently forces you to remain on the same team for an entire map, not just a single round. This has been confirmed by both myself and Cing.

Comment

I noticed this too, though this might make it hard to do captains games. Also when you load a new map, you can't do random till after you join a team.
              Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                In essence, temp admin currently forces you to remain on the same team for an entire map, not just a single round. This has been confirmed by both myself and Cing.
                Yeah, after 5 straight rounds of being the first Marine on the map, I opted out of TempAdmin...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Would it be considered bad form to only opt in if you happen to be the only supporting member on the server with it full of ?players to handle a problem such as a troll or hostile player, especially until the bugs are worked out? Or for that matter even if you just prefer not to be an all the time temp admin?
                  aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Bug fixed. Mea culpa. Thank you for reporting so responsibly.

It's bad form to be habitually selfish. Certainly, avoiding code defects is not selfish, especially when you then make them known.

I'd need more context to decide if opting into and out of Temp Admin to avoid selflessness equated to "habitually selfish".

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

First, yes I have read the rules threads, but since I haven't been around much since the TGNS1 server was frequently populated, I'm not very familiar with the unspoken but generally accepted rules and guidelines of the community. With that in mind, if there are multiple SMs on the server I would feel more comfortable allowing someone who has more history with how and why admins enforce things make a call rather than make a faux pas.
                      But if I happen to be the only SM in a full server of ?players I would also feel guilty of not trying to enforce the rules by not opting in.

For instance, as you pointed out in the language thread http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...ml#post1765514 you are more concerned with disrespect than actual words. Yesterday I joined as the only SM in a full server of ?players and after a few minutes one person on the other team said "You suck" after he killed me. I responded with "Be civil" and he responded with a couple of slurs. I responded with "Be nice." Had there been more responses I would have really been tempted to opt in to do a sv_say "don't be rude. final warning. feel free to visit the forums and read the rules" and then kicked if he had persisted.

I could go into more detail but that was my main motivation for asking the question, since that's what I would (and have) done were it my (personally paid for) server.
                      aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Love it.

Comment

can we sticky this pls
                          Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

I've added this thread to the required reading.

Comment

Wyz could you add a temp admin for the RR so we can run a command like sv_balance, if no regular admin is on? As it is we have to join a team and wait a few seconds before we can get temp admin. As sv_balance doesn't take into account for people on a team, it might throw off the balance.
                              Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X