silence before captains games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silence before captains games

I've written a plugin which prevents other players from seeing your attacks anytime you're able to attack and a game is not in progress... namely, before captains games. This means no more obnoxious biting, shooting, or knifing before captains games. If you do it, you'll annoy only yourself.

This makes your attacks seem to malfunction before captains games, but that's because your client thinks you are attacking and the server (and therefore all of the other clients connected to the server) thinks you're not attacking. These cosmetic nothings, while amusing at first, can be ignored.

Report any other bugs you see to me, in this thread or privately.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: silence before captains games

I'm still waiting for the plugin that stops pre game skulks from physically blocking you into a corner on a diagonal pipe that you walked up.

Of course till then, theres the slapper :)

Comment

oh good, now I can draw obscene pictures on the wall without bothering the aliens.

Comment

lol I love this plug-in, CAL needs this.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyEye
          lol I love this plug-in, CAL needs this.
          CAL needs to be running AMX first. There's a load they could do if they ran that.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I'd write a version of amx_demo for CAL if they ran AMXX.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It needs to be fixed to not take effect during the end-game seconds. Best way I can think of to do that is simply to only enable it during Captains games.

Comment

It doesn't take effect end-game seconds. It takes effect during post-game seconds.

What reason do we have for going back and making sure it doesn't take effect during post-game seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
                  It needs to be fixed to not take effect during the end-game seconds. Best way I can think of to do that is simply to only enable it during Captains games.
                  What do you need to be shooting that would be after the game is won?

Edit: Damn you wyz. Damn you.

Comment

CAL-NS does run amxmodx version 1.01 for its screenshot plugin.

Comment

It turns out that this plugin effectively gives marine players infinite ammunition before round start. Sure, no one else can see you shooting, but you can spam your own gunfire as much as you like, and draw pretty pictures on the walls with your bullet decals. It's kind of fun, actualy. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        It doesn't take effect end-game seconds. It takes effect during post-game seconds.

What reason do we have for going back and making sure it doesn't take effect during post-game seconds?
                        Don't play dumb with me.

Comment

It was a sincere question. You're worried about preserving the TK stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by rs_j
                            What do you need to be shooting that would be after the game is won?
                            Your teammates, of course.

Comment

CAL is/will be running AMXX, Jazz is coding the next version of the CAL-ns plugin for AMXX 1.55

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X