So many skilled players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many skilled players

I was looking at both teams last night when I joined random and was surprised to see how many skilled players were on my team. Then I took a look at alien and saw how many skilled players they had as well. I like how the overall skill level of the server has been improving dramatically, it feels like with so many good players it is a lot harder to stack and harder to predict who will win. I think at one point there was only 2 "?'s", everyone else was a supporting member.
    Lights Out!

Re: So many skilled players

Can't wait until every night is full of S>A>P>s ;)

Comment

We actually had that last night very briefly. For about 8 seconds before a map change, every single person on the server was a supporting member. Then the map changed and two people left. QUITTERS! :icon26:

Comment

This is a repeat of what we did with NS1. TGNS draws the highly skilled players who have less patience for people who don't know how to play the game as a team. As long as we can condition them such that their social doesn't run away with their competitive, it makes for amazing games.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It can, however, get difficult when the highly skilled players are all on one team and you're trying to explain the game to rookies that make up half of your team. I've explained it on the server as even though it's a rookie friendly server, that doesn't mean you should expect a low skill level to be here. It just means we don't mind having to teach new players how to play the game.

I had a friend join earlier for the first time and we had a (guessing) 11-14 yr old as our khamm. He had a mic and was asking questions and listening to suggestions so even though it got a bit frustrating at times, we endured until he ended up leaving. After the game my friend commented on steam that he was surprised the team didn't get vocally annoyed at the kid and let him stay khamm. I was all like, told you this was a good place to play. :D
          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
            It can, however, get difficult when the highly skilled players are all on one team and you're trying to explain the game to rookies that make up half of your team. I've explained it on the server as even though it's a rookie friendly server, that doesn't mean you should expect a low skill level to be here. It just means we don't mind having to teach new players how to play the game.

I had a friend join earlier for the first time and we had a (guessing) 11-14 yr old as our khamm. He had a mic and was asking questions and listening to suggestions so even though it got a bit frustrating at times, we endured until he ended up leaving. After the game my friend commented on steam that he was surprised the team didn't get vocally annoyed at the kid and let him stay khamm. I was all like, told you this was a good place to play. :D
            I'm all for new players if they are making an effort and communicating. If you aren't communicating, then Commander is not a position you should consider.
            |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Had another little girl/12yo comm tonight, was impressed and slightly amused at the high pitch orders. He wasn't the best at med packs/ammo, though we won with him. Comm'ing marine isn't easy.
              Lights Out!

Comment

Ninja was very fast with buildings, upgrades and meds tonight. Also had a clear plan to hold 3 tech points. Was a pleasure to play under ninja's command.

Comment

Originally posted by solarity View Post
                  Had another little girl/12yo comm tonight, was impressed and slightly amused at the high pitch orders. He wasn't the best at med packs/ammo, though we won with him. Comm'ing marine isn't easy.
                  It's really funny, once in a rare while you get the 12 year old Starcraft player that is awesome at commanding. Usually they just turtle with stupid buildings though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X