Can we get Map stats and W:L Ratio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we get Map stats and W:L Ratio?

I know there are people who stats of any kind in this community, though I would like to see overall how much one team wins all together and per map. I think finding a map that is most balance will help captains games. We did a captains game and Aliens won both times by a good margin, even though we swapped teams. The only thing I can think is the teams were very balanced and the map ns2_lavafalls is very alien sided.

-Solarity
    Lights Out!

Re: Can we get Map stats and W:L Ratio?

Priceline approves.
    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Probably could be quite useful depending on how it's implemented.

My dislike of personal stats in this game were supported by anecdotal evidence a couple of days ago when I was on a pub (clan) server and on marines.

This particular game there was one of the clan members who would literally not leave sprinting distance of the base armory. Every single time he would run just out of base, wait until a skulk came into view, empty a clip and a half maybe two at most, then sprint back to the armory to heal and get ammo, regardless if he got kills or took damage. Defending base is one thing, but this was obviously just playing for kills.

Near the end of the game when marines hadn't been able to hold any forward bases very long, the comm raged over the mic about the poor playing of marines, and he typed "40-2 thanks comm".

Yea, buddy, that's all fine and dandy but it helped the team less than the guy who was negative K/D but actually tried to push and hold an area...
      aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Map stats would be wonderful as a data point. However, as far as captains matches go, I think having a captains match on whatever map we happen to be on (even if the data says its slightly biased toward one team or another) is still the way to go. If we find the "most balanced" map and only have our captains games there, its going to lead to map burnout and nobody is going to want to play captains games anymore.

Comment

I don't think ns2stats or anything similar would encourage that behavior any more because those players are already myopic. The immediate scoreboard is more important to them. That kinda attitude would not fly here and I think we are mature enough to deal anyone playing for stats. I think the potential benefits of having stats outweigh the potential detriments. Its all speculation from every side, so until we try it in our community i'm not sure how valid anyone's opinion is (mine included of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Map stats would be wonderful as a data point. However, as far as captains matches go, I think having a captains match on whatever map we happen to be on (even if the data says its slightly biased toward one team or another) is still the way to go. If we find the "most balanced" map and only have our captains games there, its going to lead to map burnout and nobody is going to want to play captains games anymore.
            Ensl pugs handle this really, really well. I will describe it in another thread as a proposal to updating the captains plugin. I am sure we will not enforce any rules of what maps captains games can be on, and if it happens to be too much on the same maps, we will start to play them on different maps.

Comment

I don't think it's an issue at all. If you do captain's games, my favorite is the one with server room. Very balanced map.
              |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

I'm always a little proud of myself when I have the most deaths on my team

Comment

If stats are in the future of our server, I promise all of you the type of players that abuse the game to pad their own stats will have a very short life on our server.

I would be interested in stats for JUST captains games on the servers...

Would create some interesting draft tactics :)
                  Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                    If stats are in the future of our server, I promise all of you the type of players that abuse the game to pad their own stats will have a very short life on our server.

I would be interested in stats for JUST captains games on the servers...

Would create some interesting draft tactics :)
                    I don't think you can have one with out the other.

Though playing on the server enough you generally know who are the most skilled at different things, who listens, and etc. I think I am a good player, though there are many people on TG that make me hesitant to enter that dark room.

On the other side of things after playing captains on Lava it makes me feel like the underdog if I go marine.
                    Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                      I'm always a little proud of myself when I have the most deaths on my team
                      Oh, geesh, I should be the proudest guy at TG, then! :icon19:
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        Oh, geesh, I should be the proudest guy at TG, then! :icon19:
                        Considering how much we play there is good chance that we have some of the highest deaths overall.
                        Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X