Regarding stats...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding stats...

The admins have decided finally that our design for the foreseeable future will be to publish no stats for maps or players.

We'll gather stats, sometimes, to influence how we shape server behavior or configuration, but we'll not publish whatever stats we gather.

Players very often consume stats responsibly, rarely for reasons beyond curiosity. Players really wanting to "know" which adjectives apply to which players or maps can typically determine that through personal observation.

The dramatic social distractions offered by players who consume them inappropriately has all too well dissuaded us (and other TG titles before us).
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Regarding stats...

Well, thanks at least for being transparent about the reasons at least.

Comment

Could you use the stats to help the balance plugin to take in account for maps where aliens have a much higher win ratio compared to marines? If the balance mod is doing it's job just based of win/loss for players then we might have issues with two balanced teams in an unbalanced map.
      Lights Out!

Comment

I like that idea. I won't commit now to implementing it, but I can honestly say that ideas I like have a tendency to turn into code (when my schedule and talent limitations allow for it).
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          I like that idea. I won't commit now to implementing it, but I can honestly say that ideas I like have a tendency to turn into code (when my schedule and talent limitations allow for it).
          The community is truly indebted to you guys, we need to buy the devs a case of beer of a bottle of your favorite drink.
          Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X