Rail Gun Exo's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail Gun Exo's

What are you guys thinking about the rail gun exos? I got a chance to playaround with them over the weekend. Heres a quick break down

Single Railgun Exo 50 PRes

Double Railgun Exo 75 PRes

The Railgun exo handles the exact same as the duel minigun, same flight time, and limitations that we have all come to know and... well know. These exos standard damage is about 350-400 per max shot, the ones I was playing with was slightly moddifyed and did 500 damage per full charged shot.

Now the charge up takes about 3 seconds to charge up full and the damage is divided into 3rds for any thing less than a full shot. so you can release after 3rd charge, half charge and full charge for different damage %'s.

A duel railgun exo does 11% damage to a fully grown hive with 1 volley from both rails. with 2 of these exos, doesnt matter what you have protecting it, everything will die!

The biggest downside to this is the reload time will screw you if an Onos is attacking. A duel minigun exo trying to solo an Onos with carapace can almost get the job done, a few friends firing along side and that Onos is toast. The Duel Railgun Exo however is 100% screwed when an Onos is comming, this is because of the fire rate and damage done to the armor is intensely nerfed. Took me a good 10-15 volleys to finally make the onos no more.

Now for the best part about this, a skulk, lerk and gorge regardless of the armor will explode into shimmery goodness (new animations, they literally vaporize) with a single full charged shot. Fade can withstand 1 but not both barrels if they have carapace.

Tactically these are about as good as a big marine. Amazing for holding a position if you're a good shot, or making short work of smaller lifeforms and structures. If the onos comes however... well you know what will happen, I wouldnt mind seeing what a legion of these things wandering together would do.
    DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Re: Rail Gun Exo's

Where did you get to test them?
    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

It's a mod available in the workshop, that's how I know these aren't final copies. DMG will vary the mod is called M's mod I believe. If you want to try them out in explore mode and spawn some stock enemies to shoot.

Comment

NS2_M is the mod name

Comment

So basicly the exos are getting shotguns instead of miniguns? I am not like sounding of this. Might be harder for newer players end game. The onos is a very independent lifeform. It feels like this will restrict the heavy to needing more support than it already has. Will there still be miniguns?

Note: I have yet to play this
          Lights Out!

Comment

Yes, I think eventually they will make the exos Modular. Eg, the base exo costs 50 this includes 1 weapon arm, extra 25 per arm. so you can have:

Exo Single Minigun

Exo Single Railgun

Exo Double Minigun

Exo Double Railgun

Exo 1 Minigun 1 Railgun

Exo Flamethrower (theres a dream for me)

The minigun exo is definitly not going anywhere. I'm feeling the rail gun exo will be more for structures and small units. An exo with good aim will be able to fortify a position against almost any onslaught of enemy units as long as its single file.

Comment

Originally posted by solarity View Post
              So basicly the exos are getting shotguns instead of miniguns?
              Exos are getting sniper rifles without the zoom, the rail flies straight and takes a long time to reload.

Comment

How about the best of both worlds railgun miniguns that also shoots out flames when fired?
                Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by solarity View Post
                  How about the best of both worlds railgun miniguns that also shoots out flames when fired?
                  That would be the only combination I think I would enjoy to use. While I agree that a couple or three exos on the field can be a good thing when the right people are using them, I am definitely not one of those people.
                  aka Roland tHTG

Comment

So is the railgun exo expected to be a less vulnerable arc train? I mean, arc trains already shred buildings and are vulnerable only when they lack support or are being bile bombed to death.

Comment

Less vulnerable only because they can attack (Vaporize!!!!) units. But cannot shoot through walls (as far as I know I never tried hitting hives through walls, doubtful though)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X