Nsl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nsl?

Would it be a good or a bad idea if we did this?
    Lights Out!

Re: Nsl?

Are you asking if TG should support a server for Natural Selection One? Because I have no idea what NSL is... I searched the interwebs. If its the former, I'd be down for a night of NS1. I think that the poor graphics would eventually drive me mad in comparison.
    DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Comment

If I'm correct, I believe he's talking about the Natural Selection League (http://www.ensl.org/), which is the official place for NS competitive play (used to be CAL-NS until CAL went south). I played competitive NS1 for a long time and it was fun if you had the competitive mindset to play. As far as getting a TG team together, I'd see no problem doing so, but if you want it to be an official community-sanctioned and supported team, you'd have to talk to the powers that be about that one.

Comment

I am so down for that, it would be fun to have some serious game plans in place.
        DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Comment

It seems interesting and I think we have some very skilled players, I am just worried as the attitudes can change, when things get competitive. Though this community is pretty mature.
          Lights Out!

Comment

Played in CALNS also, might be good times again.
            ~Psi~

Comment

There were a number of competitive teams that were formed from our regulars back in the day. Though I don't recall there being an official TG team.

The only problem with having our regulars form teams is often we'd find half the server empty out (mid round) when it came time for them to scrim or play a match.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

bring back Tactical Rage? :-p

Those were fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm View Post

Those were fun times.
                  Yeah, our "competitive" squad :) Our tactics were good, but man did we get schooled in straight-out FPS skills against those young clan kids and their twitchy teenage reflexes :)
                  "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
                    There were a number of competitive teams that were formed from our regulars back in the day. Though I don't recall there being an official TG team.

The only problem with having our regulars form teams is often we'd find half the server empty out (mid round) when it came time for them to scrim or play a match.
                    Fear the Spongebob Mob! http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...ournament.html

We had forums under tacticalconflict.com. Ah the olden days...
                    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by verbose View Post
                      Fear the Spongebob Mob! http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...ournament.html

We had forums under tacticalconflict.com. Ah the olden days...
                      7 years later and I've seen at least a quarter of those players around the NS2 server. Would be nice to see a few more of them.
                      Steam Community: | |

Comment

That tournament we had was pretty fun as I remember(cat punchers 4 lyfe!). Also, I do believe TGNS had a brief foray into CAL under the name Tactical Rage. Although I remember our win loss record being less than stellar, it was still a good time.

Comment

"Official" TG competitive teams tend to end in tears. I've seen this over multiple titles over the years.

That said, I fully support regulars who are interested in getting together and playing competitive games if they'd like. But I've seen a lot of teams form up from TG that didn't quite get "it."
                          Skud

Comment

Best way to ease into it, is to join some gathers on ensl.org or ns2gather.com. Also, hang out in the teamspeak more if you want to see if its fun or not.

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm View Post

Those were fun times.
                              Where's Proximae?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X