Server Bug Report Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Bug Report Thread

I guess we don't have a formal bug report thread, so here it is.

Today the server is randomly kicking most of an entire team and at the same time making that team lose the round by auto-forfeiting. Any ideas?
    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Re: Server Bug Report Thread

No ideas off the top of my head. As you might imagine, that's quite the departure from designed behavior.

Can you provide (even partial) steps to reproduce? "No" is a fine answer, but that should always be the first question we ask.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Might as well put this in here as we experienced it last night, in case the bug comes up again: Alien team on Docking was unable to evolve a shift hive. Multiple commanders attempted to evolve the shift hive and it just would not upgrade, while the other two hive options worked just fine.

I imagine this is more of an NS2 bug than a server bug, but with our customized plugins I suppose anything's possible.

Comment

I don't have any reason presently to think the hive bug is ours.

You're right. Anything's possible. Please do report any and all bugs here, whether they're ours or UWEs. Please do include Repro Steps when you can.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
          Might as well put this in here as we experienced it last night, in case the bug comes up again: Alien team on Docking was unable to evolve a shift hive. Multiple commanders attempted to evolve the shift hive and it just would not upgrade, while the other two hive options worked just fine.

I imagine this is more of an NS2 bug than a server bug, but with our customized plugins I suppose anything's possible.
          This is a bug w/ NS2 if you cancel while upgrading a hive there is a chance you can not upgrade to that hive unless the hive you cancelled is killed.
          Lights Out!

Comment

Sorry, Wyz. I don't have any steps to reproduce. I caught it out of the corner of my eye when checking the scoreboard that 4 of the 8 people were kicked off the other team. Next round I tried asking any of the players if anything odd happened besides that. They couldn't remember anything out of place.

It did happen more than once when I was playing yesterday, however. Another thing to note is that when I was joining, the server was always 20/20 (maybe a bunch of people joining at the same time?) and it was difficult for me to get in.

Seaman

Comment

Provide maps and times when reporting problems in this thread. And know that, if it's something we really do need to fix, we may need to document it here several times, each report with time and map.

Comment

I saw it happen again today, still trying to figure out what's going on. Map was Refinery.

Seaman

Comment

At what approximate time on Refinery? Include the timezone of your choice.

Comment

Can't specify. Maybe 12:00 PM EST. Not earlier than that, but more likely to be later. Trying to get more accurate intel as the night goes on.

Seaman

Comment

It's hard to provide time/map sometimes. After all, we're on the server to play, not play forensic investigator.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X