16 is now a hard limit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 is now a hard limit

Supporting Members trying to join the server which is full of Supporting Members will now be denied.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: 16 is now a hard limit

A possibly-related question to this: is this why it's showing as 23 slots open on the server? Or is that to cover something else?

Comment

Yeah its showing 16/23, shouldn't it be 16/16 if there are 16 SMs on?

Comment

I raised the slots to 23 so that 7, instead of 4, players (SM or otherwise) can concurrently try to join.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well I kinda feel bad now for using the 'join anytime if you're a SM' to advertise getting SMs to a couple of our recent additions.

I understand that the hard limit is to try to keep the balance of 8v8?
          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

It looks like the denial message is "authentication failure"

Comment

Maybe it is time for a new server, we are completely full of SMs during peak hours. It would also allow me to play with some friends.

The community won't grow any more if we don't get new blood in. So buying a new server might generate more money to TG than just 1 server from NS.
              Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
                the hard limit is to try to keep the balance of 8v8?
                That's correct.

Originally posted by Boogalo View Post
                It looks like the denial message is "authentication failure"
                I wouldn't expect that. SMs in this scenario should experience what non-SMs have been experiencing for some time. A brief time in the RR and then kicked.

Comment

I wasn't even catching the readyroom. On load, I would get the loading screen with "authenticating" as status, then get the failure message after 5-10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogalo View Post
                    I wasn't even catching the readyroom. On load, I would get the loading screen with "authenticating" as status, then get the failure message after 5-10 seconds.
                    I've had that happen before, restarting steam fixed it for me.
                    Steam Community: | |

Comment

I've seen that when I try to connect immediately after timing out during a game. I assume (in my scenario) it's the server's way of saying "You couldn't POSSIBLY by Wyz! He's still on the server!"

Comment

Yeah, I had crashed on load. That must have been it. I'd never seen any denial messages since I was SM before reserved slots went live.

Comment

Originally posted by solarity View Post
                          Maybe it is time for a new server, we are completely full of SMs during peak hours. It would also allow me to play with some friends.

The community won't grow any more if we don't get new blood in. So buying a new server might generate more money to TG than just 1 server from NS.

This. I have to go to other servers to play with any of my other friends that are not SMs.

Comment

I've started the thread for SMs to report when they're unable to join the full server (that's full entirely of SMs). That thread is going to have to have rampant activity before I'd ask TG leadership to consider a second server.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                              I've started the thread for SMs to report when they're unable to join the full server (that's full entirely of SMs). That thread is going to have to have rampant activity before I'd ask TG leadership to consider a second server.
                              This could be saved programmatically, yeah?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X