TGNS #2 online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TGNS #2 online

I'll look into the second server not listing in the server browser.

Same box. Different cores.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

If the server is up, but not listing, it likely might be as simple as just restarting the server process.

According to this: api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=199.19.99.68&format=json
      (Can't post URL's, apparently, but just add an http in front of that.)
      That second server is not connecting to the Steam server list properly. I ran into this problem a couple times running the server for my other community, and although I could connect to it, it wouldn't show on the server browser when it lost its connection with Steam.

Comment

Restarting the second server seems to have caused it to be displayed in the NS2 server browser. Many thanks, DarkScythe.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          Intermittent logic defects aside (please continue to report them), following is a breakdown of our new reserved slot logic
          Turns out our current "intermittent defect" isn't one of logic, but of counting.

The server sometimes reports to my reserved slots mod code the wrong number of players. I've confirmed this through careful monitoring of logs during games.

I'm experimenting with workarounds, but that explains why we're sometimes seeing more than 8v8: the server is telling me there's capacity that doesn't actually exist, b/c it's not reporting all of the players when I ask for a list.

The largest discrepancy I've seen so far, in any given count request, is 1. A single player. But if that happens multiple times during a game, you can understandably end up at 9v9 or greater.

I'm not sure yet what causes this when it happens.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X