Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our Gorgeous new friends

New patch, new players.

Remember back to when you were overwhelmed by something new, and someone REALLY nice helped you when they could have chosen not to.

Be that REALLY nice person for these Gorgeous new players.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: our Gorgeous new friends

Considering the steep learning curve in this game (even though the devs hinted at revamping the tutorials with Gorgeous), "mentoring" new players becomes even more important. And since our servers are great about keeping an eye on team stacking, it really does provide a great setting for new players to learn without the more experienced ones feeling "bogged down".

If anything, I feel the same as Hugh from NS2HD/UWE: showing new players the ropes and experiencing their first reactions to the game can keep things fresh for everyone else. Had a great time with a new player last night on the Alien team, who was convinced after reading the official forums that Fades were a useless and underpowered lifeform. Our server definitely changed his mind on that, and even gave him tips on improving his own fade play!

Comment

Not to mention that all of us are noobs today. I don't know about you guys, but I've never used gorge tunnels before. The video showed them on the floor, but can you put them on walls or the ceiling like hydras? What about babblers? The video showed them being attached to a fade, but do they attack anyone who attacks the fade then or do they just soak up bullets? What about the new camouflage mechanic, they didn't show it or talk about it, so what's the change?

Bottom line, until we have all the answers to these and more questions, none of us can criticize anyone for anything. Let's show everyone why we're the best community on the interwebs and expand it with some new faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        Not to mention that all of us are noobs today. I don't know about you guys, but I've never used gorge tunnels before. The video showed them on the floor, but can you put them on walls or the ceiling like hydras? What about babblers? The video showed them being attached to a fade, but do they attack anyone who attacks the fade then or do they just soak up bullets? What about the new camouflage mechanic, they didn't show it or talk about it, so what's the change?

Bottom line, until we have all the answers to these and more questions, none of us can criticize anyone for anything. Let's show everyone why we're the best community on the interwebs and expand it with some new faces.
        Cant put the Tunnel entrances on the walls or ceilings (yet). If you're inside a tunnel and both ends of it are destroyed you are instantly crushed to death by the collapsed tunnel (could be an interesting if rare game mechanic if you can kill a whole marine team inside a tunnel, or at least some exos). Marines recieve dmg as if being bile bombed while inside the tunnel dps is about 5 to armor don't yet know if health is affected.

Babblers when on a unit act as additional armor, don't seem to have any negative affects towards speed or maneuverability, a max of 6 babblers can be attached to any one unit using their lure, if you have more the babblers will wander in tow with that unit until you call them back by using another lure. They have a limited time til they self destruct but seem to be a fun way to kill marines or at least have them attack something else whilst the gorge runs to safety or spits from the distance.
        DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Comment

This thread is relevant once again. NS2 will be free to play this weekend, starting Thursday.

Be nice and be patient.
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Reminder:

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
            Anytime the server already has both 10+ players and 4+ rookies, any rookie attempting to join the server will be refused entry, much like reserved slots refuses entry when the server is "full". Like reserved slots or any other kick operation, this regrettably remains a confusing and disorienting experience for the incoming player.

The idea is to welcome new players at a rate that enables us best to help them learn the game. Four of sixteen is twenty-five percent, which is a healthy percentage of a full server devoted to new players.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X