SMs may spectate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMs may spectate

If you're a Supporting Member, you may now spectate. You must spectate for the entirety of your connection to the server. If you want to play, you must reconnect.

Change your name to begin with "spec-" (e.g. spec-Wyzcrak). Re/connect to the server. You'll be placed in Spectator, unable to leave.

When you're ready to play, fix your name (e.g. Wyzcrak). Re/connect to the server. You're left in the readyroom.

Spectators are AFK immune.

Spectators do not count against the player's reserved slots logic of 16 players (8v8). That is, as far as our reserved slot logic is concerned, you're not consuming one of our 16 slots when spectating.

Up to only four (4) concurrent Spectators are allowed at a time.

Do not abuse.

Do report defects.
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: SMs may spectate

I'm not that into sports, and I've struggled to relate to people screaming at TVs during big games.

I'm spectating a game on ns2_veil RIGHT now on TGNS #2. Cargo is contention point. Aliens (no tunnels) are running from Sub. Marines are running from Pipe (after phasing in from Control).

This is IN-FREAKING-TENSE, and I'm just about to start screaming at this monitor.

"DON'T HEAL THE SKULKS! HEEEAAALLL THE HIIVEE!!! IT'S AT SIX PERCEEENNTT!! UGHH!! ARRR!!"

"NO! NO! NO! RUN PAAASSSTTT THE MARINES AND GO TO THE UNDEFENDED NOOODEES!!!"

Wow. This is STRESSIN' me OUT. lol!

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Great and im stuck at work!!
      Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Still trying to get this to work. My Steam profile is |TG-Irr|Priceline-spectate and so is my in-game NS2 name, but on the scoreboard it doesn't show up as that. I've restarted the game and disconnected several times. Not sure what the issue is.
        |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Shorten your name to something like price-spectate and it will work. I encountered this earlier today with my name as Roland tHTG-spectate and with it got cut to Roland tHTG-spec and I didn't get put into spec. Rejoined as Roland-spectate and no trouble at all. Also, if you happen to want to type to other spectators you need to use team say and voice works with other spectators.
          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

The bug could be fixed by putting Spectate-name.
            Lights Out!

Comment

Originally posted by solarity View Post
              The bug could be fixed by putting Spectate-name.
              I'll make this change. I'll announce when it's done.

Comment

This is fixed. New format is:

spec-Wyzcrak

I've edited the first post to reflect the change.

Comment

One last question, will the person in spec count against the 16 player limit? The small size of the server means 1 person out a whole game can have a negative impact.
                  Lights Out!

Comment

Spectators don't count against the 16-player 8v8 reserved slot logic.

When the server's full, if you join with spec- in your name, you will* bump no one and immediately be thrown into Spectator.

* I think I might have seen this fail one time, wherein someone was bumped when I joined as a Spectator, but I've watched it succeed (16 players, I join, no one bumped) many times. I'm very receptive to reports that you bump from a full server when you join as a spec-.

Comment

Another note: a maximum of four concurrent Spectators (including admins, if they're in there doing something) is allowed. If you join as spec- and there are already four Spectators, your entry to the server will be denied.

Comment

Like what you have added!
                        Lights Out!

Comment

when i change my name and type reconnect in consol i connect to a block screen and cant do anything, I have to then disconnect and join via server list in order for it to work in spectate.
                          Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

I have seen that happen before, I don't think u can/should do that via console. Try using the game browser.
                            Lights Out!

Comment

A recent build of NS2 changed the connection/loading experience such that players who can't bump anyone from a full server do not even attempt a connection to a full server.

Since players don't join full servers anymore, I can't compare player names to see if you're trying to spectate.

So, spec- is now obsolete. Your best bet at the moment, if you want to spectate, is to join the server before it's full, and then following the guidance in the following thread:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...n-anytime.html

In the future, I may create an opt-in that causes you to join the server unconditionally, regardless of available slots, so that you can /try/ to spec once you're there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X