Anybody else having packet loss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else having packet loss

I'm having quite a bit of packet loss at 69.22.142.25 which I'm pretty sure is a backbone so complaints could likely go unnoticed. I'm thinking this might be part of the reason I kept having 30-60 second freezes since the gorgeous update and am also curious if it's also the reason for the hard to trace server performance some folks complain about at times.

And by quite a bit, I let pingplotter run for about 45 minutes earlier today to an empty server (think it was #1 but I assume which it was wouldn't matter) and had 32% loss at that ip.

Last night after a fresh install of NS2 I still couldn't play on our server but was able to play on a TX server for a couple of hours with no freezing at all. Another oddity was the server tick rate there wasn't nearly as stable as the TG server. It was at a steady 20% for the last 20 minutes of one map and I found it to seem smoother than my usual late game experience at TG. Of course, it might be seen as apples to oranges since I haven't been able to see how a TG server does since the update...
    aka Roland tHTG

Re: Anybody else having packet loss

Well no wonder I'm having trouble tonight...

aka Roland tHTG

Comment

I'm no good at interpreting these, but here's mine after only a few minutes:
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        I'm no good at interpreting these, but here's mine after only a few minutes:
        Your connection sucks as soon as it hits the first location past what I am guessing is your router. Unless you are on dialup, you need to call your ISP.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X