Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yes, you: need testers 8PM Central on Wednesday (today)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, you: need testers 8PM Central on Wednesday (today)

I'll post a reminder for the following to both servers at 8PM tomorrow night. Do stay on the TGNS servers and play at that time if testing just isn't for you. Otherwise, I'd really appreciate a lot of regulars helping out.

I've performed a routine DAK upgrade for our server (only my DEV instance so far). The upgrade doesn't appreciably affect player experience. I've upgraded primarily because I don't want too great a gap between the DAK we're building on top of and the latest version. DAK's codebase is evolving just as ours is, and it's best to keep them moving together when we can manage it.

Because DAK has dramatically altered the style of some of its API offerings, this upgrade's impact on our codebase is drastic, and I need to "smoke test" the changes before pushing them to the production TGNS servers. I've done as much testing as I can alone, and now I need help, as some of this upgrade's surprises will manifest themselves only in active gameplay.

Please gather in the NS2 channel on our TeamSpeak server at 8PM tonight to help me test. We'll join my DEV server and play normal games among high pings ( wanna buy me a new computer? :) ) and frequent interruptions (as I fix surprises).
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: yes, you: need testers 8PM Central on Wednesday (today)

I most likely can't make it, if happen to be on, ill help.
    Lights Out!

Comment

I be there.
      Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

The upgrade is complete on both TGNS servers. Many thanks to the friends who gave their time tonight to help me test.

Once again: this was routine maintenance. Server behavior should be largely unchanged.

Please report defects.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X