Beta builds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta builds

I noticed there is a new beta build for public testing and was curious running one of the servers with betas would be considered.

It's possible that running a beta build server would introduce a segment of the NS2 community (that obviously care about the game) to TG that might not otherwise find us, and it would give those in TG a good place to test what could be in store for the game and give feedback to UWE.

The only major drawback that comes to mind would be if the beta build breaks major components of the add-ons used...
    aka Roland tHTG

Re: Beta builds

Actually, considering the way you have to opt in and opt out, it's probably not a good idea anyway. I was thinking it was just a mod like one I had previously tried in the past.
    aka Roland tHTG

Comment

I strongly considered this, and I might do it in the future. I'd like time as a server operator to see what breaks before a build becomes official, so it could be very beneficial (including the reasons you stated) to run one of our servers with the beta.

How does a server operator return to the official build after "upgrading" to the beta build?
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I don't even know how a server operator would upgrade to the beta build, much less how to revert back from it. I've learned how to do many things in my lifetime, but anything with code in it makes me insta-dumb.
        aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          I strongly considered this, and I might do it in the future. I'd like time as a server operator to see what breaks before a build becomes official, so it could be very beneficial (including the reasons you stated) to run one of our servers with the beta.

How does a server operator return to the official build after "upgrading" to the beta build?
          Considering that in order to update the server to the beta build to begin with, you have to add the "-beta beta" parameter when updating the NS2 server, I'd imagine removing that parameter when re-running the server update should return the server back to the last official release.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X