Non-rookies must command rookies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-rookies must command rookies

When 4+ non-rookie players are on a team, rookies are now denied entrance to command structures, with the entire team seeing this message per denied entry:

Rookies will fight from the ground this game. Help them!
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Non-rookies must command rookies

Known issue (let me know if it happens too often):

When most of the team is dead, you need a rookie to hop in and drop a desperation IP (or whatever). When there are 4+ non-rookies on the team, the rookie will be denied access to the chair.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Haha, I won't be around this weekend as I'll be at PAX so I won't be able to help much.
      On the known issue though, personally, even without denying rookies access to the chair they seem to be deathly afraid of entering it. I recall at least a couple of rounds where it's down to two people left and the entire team is telling the rookie to hop in and drop an IP, and he runs away. Haha.

Sounds interesting though, but I feel it's a bit heavyhanded; on one hand, we should be supportive of helping them learn, but on the other, perhaps playing on the ground for 4 hours will get them a better understanding of the relationship between the commander and the soldier.

Comment

If there are four rookies on a team, then it's going to be a very short round regardless, in accordance to the four rookie server limit mentioned in another thread.
        aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X