Question about admins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about admins?

Are all admins on this server paying members?

And i mean all:

big b
    cobra
    wyz
    ema
    prox
    sant
    wintermute
    sami
    firemarshal
    temp

Everyone is a paying member, Sami is on temporary leave.

Comment

ok just making sure that if one of them was not
      they should not be recieving the privilege of a reserve slot...

Comment

I would be the first to inform B if I was to become a nopn-paying member.
        It would only be right. :)
        I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Originally posted by billybob
          ok just making sure that if one of them was not
          they should not be recieving the privilege of a reserve slot...
          What would be the problem if they were not a paying member and did receive a reserve spot? I don't see how this should even be an issue.

The admins have undertaken a job to insure that the server is run smoothly and that everyone on the server plays in a fair manner and respects others. Sometimes this requires them to spend more time admining the server than actually playing the game and giving them the privilege of a reserve spot without having to pay for them is the least we can do as a community.

Comment

I'm with wolfie. I dont see a problem if non-paying admins have reserved slots.

Comment

im not making a big thing over this but the differnece is...

this wasn't like a job for hire.. everyone didn't hand in resumes and the best qualified was picked....

dont get me wrong, i have no problem paying to play here i have enjoyed my time at this community thus far.. and i mean its only 9 dollars i pay more for that on a hamburger..

Comment

9 dollars i pay more for that on a hamburger.
                hope that came with fries

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                  9 dollars i pay more for that on a hamburger.
                  hope that came with fries
                  yeah they did.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                    I'm with wolfie. I dont see a problem if non-paying admins have reserved slots.
                    Originally posted by General FAQ
                    Are their[sic] discounts available to help pay for the membership?

Yes! There are many ways players can get discounts on their membership fees or even pay for the entire monthly membership. You can write a review or article, offer technical services such as graphics and web skills, become a staff member or even recruit new members.
                    Based on that, I think non-paying admins having just a reserved slot shouldn't be an issue. That's a lesser compensation than a full, free membership. Of course, the general attitude I see is that those who are admins already buy memberships of their own volition, to support the TG community :)
                    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Wouldnt being an admin get them a membership period? I mean they are contributing to TG by giving their time to weed out the aholes who come to the tg server.

Comment

Originally posted by billybob
                        im not making a big thing over this but the differnece is...

this wasn't like a job for hire.. everyone didn't hand in resumes and the best qualified was picked....
                        But it isn't like a simple job. The gaming officer (in the case of NS, Big-B) chooses admins that will fulfill the obligations and will work well under his leadership of the gaming community. With the CS community, the admins voiced opinions on who they felt would be a good admin with the final decision/approval coming from the game officer.

Not all jobs out there send out requests for resumes. I got my current job not because I submitted my resume but because the managers of the department came to me and asked that I take the position.

Also, in the case of being an admin, the "resume" as you mentioned is not a piece of paper in this case, but is the behavior that the admins shown when they were/are on the servers. So in fact, the current NS admins have submitted their "resumes" and were chosen from the player population because they possess the qualities to make an excellent admin.

And for giving back to the community, they are being rewarded with perks, one being reserved spots and free memberships.

Comment

ok lets end this, as its going off topic...

i am not questoining the current admins abilities to be an admin..
                          they all do their job perfect...

i was just cleary stating MY OPINION...

thats all it was...

Comment

I slept my way to the top.

Wyzcrak
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              I slept my way to the top.

Wyzcrak
                              Figures ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse