Vouch System and Empty Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vouch System and Empty Server

It seems that the server has been more vacant than usual as of late. I have to change my vote now to turn off the vouch system until we are back to a chronically full server (once 3.1 is realeased).
    Rm 14:2 NIV
    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Re: Vouch System and Empty Server

I have stop playing, due to extreme lag I am getting from the server due to VAC2.
    VAC2 and Win XP x64 do not go well together.
    Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

Did you miss this one?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showpos...36&postcount=9
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

I don't think the vouch system has anything to do with it. How often did the server get started by people without accounts anyway?

Comment

But it did help get games started. I don't like vouching either. I think it should be the opposite, where players have to disprove themselves, for sake of practicality.

Comment

I have seen exactly 1 instance where someone made enough of a fool of themselves that we intentionally didnt vouch them and let them be kicked. At that rate of usage, it would probably be easier just to kick them manually, rather than having to manually vouch everyone else.

On the other hand, it does encourage people to sign up in the forums, which is a big step from random pubber towards being a regular.

Comment

I'll watch this thread, but I need to be convinced on this one. We have little patience for idiots on that server, and asking me to make their lives easier is an uphill battle.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I strongly disagree with regards to disabling the vouch system. The other day I removed my STEAM_ID from my profile to test it and it very clearly and repeatedly tells you what you have to do in order to keep playing here. If you can't follow those instructions then you can't follow the other rules for playing on this server and you're not the kind of player we want to have here.

The only thing I would suggest is to make it clear to unregistered players that they can ask for a voucher if they would like to continue to evaluate the server without going through the trouble of the forums account.

Also, with regards to the empty server, I personally think this is more due to the fact that the idle map is co_asterisk as opposed to something that would be more likely to draw players (e.g.: some random co map like faceoff). Ideally we'd want to draw players in looking for an ns match but I don't see how that is reconcilable with minimum player counts.
                Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

Would there be a way to have it so that unless a player is registered, the middle of the screen is periodically filled with TG propaganda and instructions for entering steam ids? Then they could still play without needing a vouch, but the removal of annoying screen spam would be incentive to register.

Comment

<---- noob who only plays for about 30min before going to work each a.m.

I like the propoganda idea. I know when I'm bouncing around looking for a high player count and low lag I usually have no idea whose server I'm jumping into and the splash screen for choosing sides grabs my attention for a whole second.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                      Would there be a way to have it so that unless a player is registered, the middle of the screen is periodically filled with TG propaganda and instructions for entering steam ids? Then they could still play without needing a vouch, but the removal of annoying screen spam would be incentive to register.
                      We could bring back Mr. Annoying Voice.
                      Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

I don't want people registering on the forums because they're annoyed by text on their screen. I want people registering because they're pleased, not annoyed, by what they experience on the server.

I've changed the idle maps from asterisk to the two beta5 maps, pending more discussion. What maps should the server idle on? I'm very flexible with that decision.. whatever you guys think is best.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Flooding the screen with TG propaganda and insturctions isn't going to make people register, it's going to make them leave. Last few times I was on, there was always complaint about the flood of information about vouchers, so I don't think adding more is going to help =/

Comment

I've already got the logic which says non-supporting members can vouch during the day and not at night.

Should I extend that day/night logic so that the amount of time guests can stay on the server is longer during the day? This means that, during the day, registered forum users may vouch AND they have plenty of time to do so.

I don't want to extend it for nighttime. Yeah, we have to work harder and faster at night to find and keep quality players, but I want idiots off that server fast at night.

Does this help? Don't blindly say "yes." Will it really help? What will it help us accomplish?

Comment

Originally posted by zibalatz
                              I personally think this is more due to the fact that the idle map is co_asterisk
                              Almost assuredly is contributing to the empty server issue. People don't go to empty servers running custom maps. they go to the lowest ping server running one of their favorite maps.
                              move asterisk down in the rotation.
                              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X