mod: Team Resources

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] mod: Team Resources

An important change to the server is now live. You've been testing it for the past week or so when I've been on the server. I've corrected what defects I've found.

If you find any defect, I want to fix it, but please take careful notes about what you observe, including any relevant situational details you can share, so that I start my troubleshooting with really solid information.

Team Resources
    When a player is bumped by reserved slots or switches teams, the server now holds his resources (and the monetary value of any lifeform/tech he had) for the team and will give them to the (same or different) player who next arrives on that team. Players disconnecting voluntarily aren't processed/considered (the player data I needed wasn't reliably available during the OnDisconnect event - sadface).

NS2 gives you 20 resources at game start and when you switch teams the first time during a game, and that's still in effect. And the server will never dispense held resources to you if you've already got more than it's prepared to dispense.

The mod will always try to dispense its largest single retained amount, and it only ever dispenses during the team join moment. If it does dispense resources to you, it takes from you whatever resources you otherwise would have had (if any) and tries to dispense them to future team joiners.

No player is ever given combined resources of multiple prior teammates. This mod preserves team-earned resources which otherwise would have been lost to the inevitable personnel turnover exacerbated by reserved slots, so that both teams benefit the most from their respective investments and accomplishments throughout a game.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: mod: Team Resources

I remember having a mod like this back on the NS1 server, glad to see its return. Only a related note, do people who have gotten bumped by a SM get a custom message, or does it still just say "kicked"? I remember hearing something about NS2 doesn't support custom kick messages yet, but I could be wrong.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

The third-party code we're using isn't descriptive. I've deployed with our new, "longest-connected" reserved slots "upgrade" a "better" kick experience that tells players why they've been disconnected. The NS2 dialog still just says "Kicked", but I've added two things:

1) 5 seconds of chat spam saying "Kicked. See console for details."
      2) A console message waiting for the kicked player explaining why they've been kicked
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Notices the resources thing the other day, I like!

Comment

The chat message is a nice touch

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse