Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chatting "grace" period before map changes\round restarts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatting "grace" period before map changes\round restarts?

I noticed this discussion in a different unrelated thread, but figured it merited its own. Is there a way\desire for a 30 - 180 second time to talk with everybody after a round end? Sometimes after a tense game its nice to have a little bit of time to chat\bio break before the map switches or the next round begins. Some ways it could be setup:

Approach 1) Round ends, there is a 60 second automatic delay before people can join the other team, or map change. A text popup would display with text such as "60 second break time" or something

Approach 2) The mod would only activate if certain conditions are met, containing some individual variables or combinations of them:

- The server is filled with 50% or more of SMs playing at round end
    - Round time exceeded 30 minutes
    - sv_balance was used when server was full
    - Multiple marine bases and hives were destroyed in the match (may be too resource intensive)
    - 50% of the server types "break" into chat before the round officially starts to get additional chat time. Alternatively, a new temp-admin command "sv_break" could activate it. That may be the easiest to implement.
    - Length of break variable up to 3 minutes, and minimum of 30 seconds. Ex) sv_break 180 for 3 minutes

Again while the break is active, the round will be unable to officially start until it is over, but people are still free to join teams if they wish. If the map is switching, it would be delayed until the break is over. Text notifications would appear at 3 min, 2 min, 1 min etc... so you know when its over.

Thoughts?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Chatting "grace" period before map changes\round restarts?

I think this is a good idea, and I'd prefer the break before mapchange, not after.

Given that the map changes every 30 minutes, and to keep the "list" of variables short and easy to understand, I really like the idea of a three minute break after any round lasting more than 27 minutes.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I support this
      Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

This is about the best/most elegant solution I have seen regarding this feature.
        Sometimes there are epic games where we would love to talk afterwards. Other times, nothing spectacular happened and we'd like to move on to the next round.

Having a strict set time (either none, or 60 seconds) either way only technically works for half of those situations.
        Having some common conditions for an "epic" game, alongside a manual override command I think is the best of both worlds here to tailor to whatever may happen in the round.

Comment

Could the "break time" if implemented also disable the AFK kicker so folks could also use the time for grabbing a drink etc without fear of taking 5 seconds too long?
          aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
            Could the "break time" if implemented also disable the AFK kicker so folks could also use the time for grabbing a drink etc without fear of taking 5 seconds too long?
            Seconded.
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
              I was thinking the same
              Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

I like all these ideas ;)
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...