Mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods

Now that there is no difference in the server browser between modded and unmodded servers, let's discuss some wishlist items that were off the table before.

1. Scoreboard icons for A/T/S/P/?

Re: Mods

I support this idea
    Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

CUSTOM

MAPS

Go!

Comment

Scoreboard icons would be fantastic! Been hoping to see custom maps on TG for a while now, as well.

Comment

I liked the old icons from the NS1 server, but they'd need to be updated for the new server to look good.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

The letters offer value the pictures won't. They show up in voicecomm messages. They show up in the spectator UI. People regularly cite the letters in conversation.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Is it possible to have the icons just be colored letters to preserve the shorthand of S/T/A/P?
              Is it possible to have the chat show icons?
              Is it possible to have the scoreboard show icons and the chat show letters?

Comment

It's possible to have the pictures show colored letters.

It's not possible to show icons in the chat.

Our current implementation only specifies text in the scoreboard messages. They seem to propagate automatically to the other locations I've come to prefer them in: chat and spectator UI. Presumably, we must take all or none with the text letters.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Personally the only mods I know I want are good new maps.

Comment

Maps, Maps, Maps!!! This is the biggest thing that has began taking me away from playing NS2 lately.
                    DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Comment

Glad to see Jambi on the server; even though I've never played it before (outside of tonight's test run) it looks well made.

As promised, here's the link to my suggestion/request: forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/115970/eclipse-remake
                      I'd love to see eclipse back on the server.

It's been altered slightly from the original to fit the new game mechanics of NS2, but it's basically like ns2_veil; still got the heart and guts of the ns1 eclipse we all know and love.
                      I'm not entirely sure if it's 100% stable, but I haven't seen any recent complaints so we can probably give it a shot.

Edit:
                      Forum won't let me post a URL for some reason, but it should be easy to get to.

Edit2:
                      Looks like even if it doesn't, we won't have to wait too long. According to the mapper on Page 10 of that thread, Eclipse is being PT'd and will probably be coming out as an official NS2 map soon.
                      Last edited by DarkScythe; 04-18-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=77383474 Eclipse
                        DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X