Amazing game on ns_veil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing game on ns_veil

Just wanted to give props for the 60min tonight on ns_veil, it was probably the best NS2 game I've had. Highlights:

1) Marines used gorge tunnels to kill cargo and pipeline hives around the 35 minute mark as things were looking bleak at control tech point (only base). Thanks over confident gorge at marine start!
    2) We held every tech point on the map at least once as we shuffled bases around the map as we killed hives, then got our previous base destroyed.
    3) Full tech, exos, JPs, ARC trains killed a couple of the hives. All weapons in play.
    4) Nanogrid also switched hands multiple times
    5) We must have killed at least 10+ hives by the time it was done, aliens got quite a few CCs as well.

It seemed like the aliens had endless amounts of onos roaming the map. Had very balanced teams and good teamwork on both sides which contributed to the long (tense) game. I wish the server still recorded every match like it did in NS1 with HLTV, would love to see a replay.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Re: Amazing game on ns_veil

Can't wait for server-side recording of games in NS2.

Hate that I missed this game! Thanks for sharing.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ha yeah that was fun. Lots of back and forth. Many times where I thought we (aliens) had the game and many times where I thought we lost. People really rallied near the end hitting CCs etc. Drifter vs MAC battles against Donat was fun.

Comment

Was I in this game?

Comment

Don't think so.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Mac > Drifter imo... macs can heal.

Comment