Classic Nights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Nights?

I know alot of us are hold-overs from NS1s days, and perhaps a few of our new people would like to see what it was like in the good ol' days.

I haven't tried it yet, but I have heard good things about the 'classic' mods for NS2. I'm not suggesting we put it ON, I'm just curious if people would be interested in playing maybe one night a week having a classic game round or two.

Re: Classic Nights?

I am Monty and I support this message
    DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Comment

Player Wyz doesn't have any interest in this.

Server Manager Wyz wants to evaluate the technical difficulty of (sometimes) offering this on our server. Can someone link me to a guide for making this happen? Is it just a simple mod, or is it more involved?
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

As far as modding goes, I believe the NS:C mod page should have the details needed. On the client-side, NS2 simply downloads the mod and off you go.

Personally though, I am against it.
        I tried it a few times and it just doesn't work as well as simply playing NS1.
        It's still quite buggy, and it feels like nothing ever dies. On top of that, I forgot how annoying structure spam was.

I'd say if we want a classic night, just throw up an NS1 server and we'll do a classic night properly.

Comment

Agree completely with DarkScythe.

If we were to occasionally run any kind of overhaul-type mod, I'd rather see us support Sewlek's Balance Mod once a week and give valuable feedback on some of the proposed changes. Many of them bring gameplay closer to NS1, by the way. Highlights are Armories no longer healing armor (welders are vital and even more affordable, encouraging teamplay from marines and discouraging "armory humping". an indirect "buff" is that you end up with more marines on the front lines instead of falling back to heal, resulting in much more aggression from the marines), onos gore range decrease (no more extendable horns for me to use on Monty), removing the no res while dead rule plaguing alien gameplay, and many more. "Sewlek" is the developer who is now responsible for balance (we can thank him for the upgrade and ip cost changes!), so the feedback he's been getting from the community on his mod -directly- influences what he ends up adding to the main game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=130391092

Comment

I didn't mean specificly RUN the mod on the server, perhaps even running an breif old 'ghost' server that only pops up for NS1 once every week or month would be enough

Comment

I like the idea of having an old NS1 server running once a week or so where us "oldies" can hang out and reminisce ;)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Donat View Post
                I didn't mean specificly RUN the mod on the server, perhaps even running an breif old 'ghost' server that only pops up for NS1 once every week or month would be enough
                With the advances in tech since NS1 was released I think we could get a periodic server running on a 3 year old cell phone with 3G to make the game feel authentic. ;)
                aka Roland tHTG

Comment

Originally posted by bentring View Post
                  With the advances in tech since NS1 was released I think we could get a periodic server running on a 3 year old cell phone with 3G to make the game feel authentic. ;)
                  Could always spend $45 on a BeagleBone Black and have it run NS1 :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X