Trying to get a 3 monitor Eye-finity set up going

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get a 3 monitor Eye-finity set up going

So right now I'm running 3 monitors in Eye-finity. The game supports multi-monitors standard but there is a stretching issue with my side 2 monitors. The displays everything perfect, no problems with start menu's or when I'm selecting a server. As soon as I load into game the middle monitor looks fine, but the side 2 monitors are stretched, making it a very weird perspective. I found one solution on here that offers a solution by changing .Lua files, but when I use that I no longer pass consistency checks with any server. Is there a way I can fix the stretching, without modifying system files. (and if I could add it to the list I would love for the HUD to be centered on the main screen instead of the far corners of my side screens)

Anyone have any fixes that have worked for them?

its just a distortion I believe due to the size im trying to stretch it to. Closest thing I've found to an answer is here.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/disc...&mode=threaded

But thats a very old post, and it's no longer compatible with the current builds.

This is the best example I can show you of the problem I'm having with the stretching issue, I'll link a video of a quick run through with it. Doesn't show the stretching as badly when I'm commanding, but the side screens are extremely magnified. Look at the size of the power node in the first one, and the comparison of the terminal in the second.

2013-04-23_00003.jpg

2013-04-23_00004.jpg
    DO AS I COMMAND - Megatron possibly the hardest working commander ever known.

Re: Trying to get a 3 monitor Eye-finity set up going

Maybe try lowering your FoV?

That kind of distortion seems normal to me, especially when you reach near 180-degree FoV's - Think of images produced by fisheye lenses and the distortion that comes with them.

Comment

I would assume that you are playing a full screen mode. When utilizing more than one monitor, a lot of the time a game will only play at certain resolutions and the graphics card will strech the game to fit the size window that it is trying accomodate. Have you tried a windowed mode?

Comment

my FoV is at the smallest when those were taken, and its the same problem in windowed mode. The thing that strikes me as odd, is that regardless how stretched the sides are the HUD is unaffected. Health, ammo and mini map are never warped.

Comment

have you tryed posting in the UWE technical support forums, they are prettyhelpful with this type of thing
          Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

just cuious what vid card do you have and how much vram and do you play with max graphical settings?
            Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

Right now I'm running 2 Radeon HD 6860's crossfired both have 2 gb's onboard memory. And yes, I play with max graphics without eyefinity I roll with 70-95 fps. With this current mock up its closer to 30-35 fps.

Comment

I tried 3 monitors w/ BF1942 once and it basically did something similar and stretched it. When I tested the same setup in CS:Source it seemed to extend the FOV so much if I walked up to a wall I could see through the wall as the FOV extended into the wall like spectate. Could it be something with the aspect ratio?
                Lights Out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X