registered players preferred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• registered players preferred

Unregistered players are kicked first when the server is full and a supporting member joins. Yes, of course, registered players can be kicked, but only if no unregistered players are on the server when the supporting member joins the server.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: registered players preferred

Does constie+reg'd give you a one-up on reg'd? How does the constie "pseudo-reserved slot" work with this?

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

There is only one type/level of pseudo-reserved slot. This one type/level of slot is given to those assigned an icon by UWE and those players whose SteamID is registered in our forums. It is given after one joins a team, and it makes the server look to the recipient LAST when kicking a player for a full server join.

The only type of player that can (and will) kick a player with a pseudo-reserved slot is a supporting member (including admins, of course, but admins get no special access -- they cannot join a server filled with supporting members), and only, of course, when that supporting member is joining the full server.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

IMHO, as before, this type of solution does not really accomplish much just because of the current nature of our server. Frankly we don't fill up that often and thus reserve slots see use even less often. Also, the excess presence of unregistered players often acts as a deterrant to the joining of regulars, making it even less likely that 17 players will join at any given time.

Are you suggesting this as a replacement for the current 90-second-kick system?

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
          IMHO, as before, this type of solution does not really accomplish much just because of the current nature of our server. Frankly we don't fill up that often and thus reserve slots see use even less often. Also, the excess presence of unregistered players often acts as a deterrant to the joining of regulars, making it even less likely that 17 players will join at any given time.

Are you suggesting this as a replacement for the current 90-second-kick system?
          That's already been replaced, Zek. http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showpos...5&postcount=28

This is merely an order of preference when joining SMs kick folks from a full server.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Well, in that case I guess there's no problem with it...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X