playerscount-driven mapcycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playerscount-driven mapcycle

While mod maps don't work at all unless they're listed in mapcycle.json, mapcycle.json will sometimes include maps we want on the server and not in the rotation. To dictate which maps will be in the rotation, a separate list will be maintained.

I've designed that other list as a mod itself, which will additionally include for each map a minimum and maximum number of players. This will allow us to host maps which function to our liking given only certain playercount boundaries (smaller or larger than our normal 8v8).

That mod, populationmapcycle, is in our TGNS code repository:

https://raw.github.com/lancehilliard...onmapcycle.lua

You'll see the map data definitions at the top (for reasons I'll not bore us with here/now, storing these in the code, vice the config, creates less friction for me -- this may change later).

Do you want different playercount boundaries for this map or that?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: playerscount-driven mapcycle

I like the idea in concept, but are we able to switch to the different custom maps at will via sv_changemap, or will a notice pop up preventing you from switching until the required player counts?
    Player counts look good though for the maps in mapcycle.json.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

sv_changemap does no validation (except, obviously, that the map exists). Anyone with that command may change to any map which suits those present.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I think the map player count looks good but almost want to argue that descent should be at 14 because that map feels huge.
        aka Roland tHTG

Comment

ns2_descent changed to min=14.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X