Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guardians

Originally posted by someperson0529 View Post
    Would it be possible to make bots available to Guardians when there are less than 5 (or some small number of people) on the server?

I ask because I plan to opt-in to guardian some day, once I get rid of some of my old gamer habits and can effectively represent the TG community, but I also like attempting to get the server to seed and hopefully attract new players. I've been hopping on with just myself and seeing if people would join.
    You will have access to bots and balance as a Guardian.
    The Guardian designation itself does not grant you access to those commands -- they are granted to you as a Primer signer, and these are kept when you opt-in to Guardianship.

Comment

Hax, I don't think that's possible.

But... I did have a thought to kind of get us a better means of communication.

Would it be possible to have a kind of toggle ability for Guardians... let me just give you an example...

Bob is yelling f-bombs at Wyz...

Mom says, [MENTION=40634]Bob[/MENTION] STAHP IT, YO."

Bob says, "Why Mom?"

Mom at this point doesn't have to type [MENTION=40634]Bob[/MENTION] anymore, but can just type...

"Because I said so'z, brah."

And it will send it directly to Bob as via admin chat as if I typed [MENTION=40634]Bob[/MENTION]... untill I type [MENTION=40634]Bob[/MENTION] again... maybe....?one...

My apologies to Bob for mentioning him in this thread.... no Bobs were harmed during the making of this post...

Mom
      Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
      Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
      Forever Perplexed

Comment

I fail to see why any typing to enforce rules would be needed at all. If a person falls out of line why not just tell them on voice chat?
        aka Roland tHTG

Comment

It's not always as simple as that... and I generally try to keep admin actions private as much as possible. The worst possible moment for me as a Guardian is when I have 3 people "backing up" the guy who is breaking a rule. Not because I can't handle the pressure, but because the mob mentality makes me seem like a bully, and it causes people who may be solid TG regulars in the future to want to support someone fighting against "the man". I've been there countless times in other games, and multiple times in the server early in the day while trying to seed. I think it'd be much easier if we could go so far as to allow Guardians and Admin to "lock" communication between themselves and the troublemaker(s) to strictly admin chat (that is, both players cannot talk via text in any form other than admin chat) until the acting admin turns said feature off.

Not only does this avoid singling people out, but it helps the admin perform his duties in multiple ways... it saves time, it removes characters from sentences so as to not be cut off as early, it forces a player to realize that he cannot say anything via text until the issue is resolved... I can name a few others, but the point is made, I think.

I'm not even sure it's possible. I was just trying to save myself and the other admin a bit of time. Sometimes these names can be a bit odd to type when using the @ function. It'd be much easier to only have to type that name once.

And... Roland, please keep in mind that I'm speaking in terms of me being the only admin on. My kids nap at 2 Mountain Time... which is about 4 Central (I think)... which means I'm on easily an hour and a half before regular TGers... and I'm trying to seed the server. I think when it comes to Regulars, the rules are pretty much commonplace by now, and after X time, the admin don't see a lot of action needing to be taken. Where as, during these early times, and if we ever start to populate the second server while the first is full of regs, we're going to see a need for things that will help admin handle things faster.

Mom
          Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
          Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
          Forever Perplexed

Comment

Well you shouldn't be yielding to mob mentality either though as an admin when someone is clearly not following the rules. Even if you get a group of people that know the rules and are fighting against them, remove them from the server. If they have an issue about a rule they can address it here in the forums.

Comment

In CAA.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I will use direct chat from spectate when I see a problem, but dealing with rules publicly helps everyone know we care about our rules and helps those who don't know them learn them.

Don't swear at anyone.
                Be respectful.
                Your team comes first.

Comment

Agreed, if everyone stays constructive and rule-focused (not incident-focused). Disputes or concerns about enforcement during specific, cited moments should be in CAA, for sure.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

When you're Guardian, it's key that players confidently understand who you are without having to try.

New: In addition to all the old requirements (I've updated this thread's original post to add this new requirement), Guardian will now be granted only to a player when his player name /exactly/ matches his BKA name.

The following are all unchanged:

) sh_name lets you modify your BKA name. You may modify your BKA name only once every three weeks, but the BKA name is remembered each time without expiration each time you use the command. The command makes you specify your BKA name twice when changing it, to help avoid mistakes, but a full admin can fix any mistake you make (or if your clan tags change often, etc). Setting your BKA name also sets your player name, but you may set your player name as often as you like using the stock "name" console command.

) you may set your player name as often as you like (using the stock "name" console command).

) You may view your BKA name any time by executing sh_whois against yourself (in the console: sh_whois <partial player name match>).

Please report any technical defects.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X