No announcement yet.

Primer signature syntax changed

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer signature syntax changed

The syntax to sign the TGNS Primer has contained a partial URL up to this point. This was causing many posts to get flagged for moderation (reasonable, given they're first posts with URLs in them). Until a moderator approved the posts manually, the game server couldn't see the posts, and the signature wouldn't be honored. That's a bad user experience.

The new syntax removes this partial URL:

<readandagree>YourPlayerNameHere<withid>99999999 </readandagree>

Existing posts with the old syntax need not be recreated. They're still recognized (in fact, new posts with the old format will also still be recognized, but the poster will risk getting caught by the spam filters).

I've edited the first post of the TGNS Primer thread to instruct toward the new syntax. Hopefully posts will stop getting moderated.

Of course most of you reading this have already signed the Primer, but now you know, in case you're helping someone else.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed